Snail Has Had A Baby

Dave781

New Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Fife
My Blood Red Ramshorn Snail has had a baby Blood Red Ramshorn Snail, bright red little thing. :crazy:

Im not all that up to speed with snail reproduction :lol: so is this the norm that it will drop a sprog every once in a while? :rolleyes:
 
Yip, they are hermaphroditic so has both male and female parts and you only need one to reproduce. Then the baby will produce another identical to itself and so on...
 
I bought 3 red ramshorm snails off eBay about 2 Months ago and they have had 2 batches of 10 babies!!!
 
I've ordered one from ebay. It's all you need :D
 
Cheers Lynz and everyone. :)

Im a bit disapointed because I wanted a pink one. :( But if they start having babies i better not. I only wanted two snails not a tankful. :S
 

Most reactions

Back
Top