Small Creatures In My Tank ? (parasites)

gordi

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Apr 10, 2007
Messages
128
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Darlington
my fish are bein looked after while ive been on holiday (my 1 oscar) and decided to give my tank a good clean before i got him back! i noticed last night when i switched the filter and pump off that there are a few little white parasites swimming about my tank:( i dont know how to get rid of them cos theres quite a few! any advice please on what i can put into get rid waant my tank perfect before i get my fesh back


there ovalish and white with like little claws or tail n swim wuite fast n jerkily


local fish shop managers advice was : pick them out with tweezers

thank you
 
Not certain what they may be (at least this will bump you back to the top).

If you are going to be gone for long and have someone feed your fish, I would advise you to measure the food out in daily amounts (some people use the pill containers, I just used paper cups the one time I did it) and just instruct them to add one a day. Hide the rest of the food. Otherwise, someone that isn't familiar with fish and how much they eat will terribly overfeed and you will come back to a mess. If you're only going to be gone a week or so, just leave them. They will be fine. Mine always go unfed when I'm on vacation.
 
Not certain what they may be (at least this will bump you back to the top).

If you are going to be gone for long and have someone feed your fish, I would advise you to measure the food out in daily amounts (some people use the pill containers, I just used paper cups the one time I did it) and just instruct them to add one a day. Hide the rest of the food. Otherwise, someone that isn't familiar with fish and how much they eat will terribly overfeed and you will come back to a mess. If you're only going to be gone a week or so, just leave them. They will be fine. Mine always go unfed when I'm on vacation.

my oscar has been moved into a different tank! mine has been left empty all week! this sounds strange but i unplugged my heater yesterday so that the water went cool and borrowed my lil sisters 2goldfish to put into my tank and they have ate all the little things :blink: i cant see one now! cant believe it! and the goldfish are fine just loving the big tank hah!
 
the description sounds like daphnia
 

Most reactions

Back
Top