FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

FishGuest5123

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg
My Red Cherry Shrimp are beginning to look skinny to me. They’re still swimming, eating, breeding, etc. No deaths in a while. I feed twice a day. Hikari Crab Cuisine in the morning and Ken’s Veggie Sticks at night. Also plenty of bio film on glass. Am I missing something?

They look fine to me. Is it a shrimp only tank? Mine love the NLS pellets I feed the nano fish and the bug bites. They are also quite partial to shrimp pellets (but don't tell anyone ;))

They look fine to me. Is it a shrimp only tank? Mine love the NLS pellets I feed the nano fish and the bug bites. They are also quite partial to shrimp pellets (but don't tell anyone ;))
Thanks so much. I was hoping you’d reply. I have NLS do I drop a few in. Most of my older shrimp have died off from age so maybe just because a lot of these are juveniles. Again, thanks so much!

They may even be in hiding :). I lifted my driftwood "river bank" in the nano today to attach some Anubias. (I have finally accepted that the manicured "lawn" in my mind's eye beside the river is never going to happen.

Well it took me a good 5 minutes before I could raise the wood out of the water because the underside was swarming with shrimp. I discovered a few down there that were way bigger than anything I have EVER seen in the tank.

Yeah - just drop a tiny pinch in. I feed it to the CPD. Any that hits the bottom is fair game to the shrimp and I have interesting tussles between the CPD and RCS.

They may even be in hiding :). I lifted my driftwood "river bank" in the nano today to attach some Anubias. (I have finally accepted that the manicured "lawn" in my mind's eye beside the river is never going to happen.

Well it took me a good 5 minutes before I could raise the wood out of the water because the underside was swarming with shrimp. I discovered a few down there that were way bigger than anything I have EVER seen in the tank.

Yeah - just drop a tiny pinch in. I feed it to the CPD. Any that hits the bottom is fair game to the shrimp and I have interesting tussles between the CPD and RCS.
Thanks again. Oh, I forgot to answer earlier... yes, it is a shrimp only tank.

I love shrimp only tanks, and maybe a few snails in the mix. :)

mmm shrimp only tank, set heater to boiling, add garlic, salt, and get some bread and butter ready. :)

mmm shrimp only tank, set heater to boiling, add garlic, salt, and get some bread and butter ready. :)
RCS - seriously. They are not even as big as what UK supermarkets try to pass off as frozen prawns!

Deanasue has a tank full of them, I'm sure we could make at least 1 sandwich :)

03D8D84D-D4E6-4D31-AF65-1370F00CE23F.jpeg
I was just looking at the shrimp and saw “Turbo” come out of the ship. He’s a ramshorn but I thought he’d died because I haven't seen him in a while. He’s larger than a nickel! Hitchhiked in on a plant as a baby.

Here you go. The one on the left is the size of most that I can see in the tank - which I would class as normal mature size, and probably similar to yours. The monster on the right is one of those I never knew existed who was living beneath the wood before I disturbed it.

Visually I would say its a female and probably past breeding age - no saddle and no berries.
20190810_095709.jpg

Wow! That is a monster! She looks like my original ones as they aged. I’d love to find mine hiding.

Yeah she could be one of the originals. Only started the tank in May '18. If you get bored https://www.fishforums.net/threads/lake-inle-nano.448015/

I got bored with keeping up the journal ;). Tank is in my study next to the desk so still provides hours of distraction.
I know. Out of all of my tanks, the shrimp one is the one I can stare at for an hour at a time. They have their own little world going on. One may be giving birth while another is working to molt. The males are swimming everywhere looking for a lady. The new babies are clinging to the side getting their first meal of biofilm. Always something to watch.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back