Silver Sand Or Coral Sand?

jaycat

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jan 11, 2008
Messages
364
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Hampshire UK
Hi all, I'm changing from gravel to sand at the weekend, now have to decide between

silver sand, or

coral sand

I have some plants, and would use some planting substrate underneath.

What are your experiences please?

Thanks :good:
 
I'd go with silver sand. Unless you have a marine set up or you want to change the hardness of your water you shouldn't use coral sand.
 
I'd go with silver sand. Unless you have a marine set up or you want to change the hardness of your water you shouldn't use coral sand.

Yeah, I also read somewhere to avoid coral sand unless you have a marine set up.
 
Personly I wouldnt choose either, i was going to pick up a bag of silver sand the other day (25kg for under £5, bargain) untill I noticed how dull and grey it looked.
 
go for the silversand , or even a bag of childrens playsand from argos which is what a lot of members here do (£2.49 for 15kg!) The coral sand will raise the pH and hardness which you dont want to do unless you're planning on keeping african cichlids or marines
 
ooh yes play sand! that makes a lovely effect, I wish I had done my homework when i bought my gravel, I would have loved to have had the sand instead
 
Thanks everyone, silversand it is. I have tetra's so I don't want to alter the PH. :no:

Ta, Jackie :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top