Silicone

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

nathan01

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I siliconed my exsisitng juwel filter box in a new non scratched tank today at about 6pm, the tube says to leave for 24hrs, so i go with this or would it be safe to risk waiting just say 18 hours or not.

I would prob just do what it says in the instructions, just to be on the safe side. :good:

18 hrs be fine in my opinion its not like its repairing a cracked or damaged tank, thats why they saying that 24 hrs, they saying that in case you using their product to repair a damaged tank!

but i agree, wait 24 hrs to be sure, but i have used it in small amounts to glue things like a filter to the glass and only waited 10-12 hrs no issues

Do you think that 3-4 hours would make much difference, thanks for adivce.

no i dont not for what your doing, i still say wait 24 hrs to be safe, but me personally i woulid do it after 18 hrs without worrying

The 24 hour wait is to allow the silicon to cure; it doesn't matter whether you're repairing a crack or fitting in a filter box, the curing time is the same. Be patient and wait the extra few hours.

Why oh why is everyone in such a damn hurry these days :shout:

It says 24 hours for a reason, ok so the last few minutes may not count but come on! :rolleyes:

Nathan? I'm guessing you're a youngster, right? :lol:

Nathan? I'm guessing you're a youngster, right? :lol:
[/quote]

yeah 16! i left it 20 hours and it was fine :fun:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back