Sick guppies? They are slowly dying

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Extarys

Reaction score
Hello fellow aquarium fans!

I have a little issue with my guppies. My 6 corydoras are totally fine tough.
Since day 1 3 months ago, my guppies are dying slowly. They reproduce, give birth and then die. The last survivor of the first batch is now slowly fading away. His kids are fine, except for two little guys, their tails is not shiny and beautiful as it is supposed to be. I attached a video filming the adult. There is something floating under him, and he's not pooping.

Tank's Detail:

I have a 35 gal. established tank. I have it for three months now. I have a little problem with algea, but I think the phosphate is the issue here. I tried Seachem SeaGel, but I didn't notice a huge difference, I removed it yesterday from my filter. It's on my glass, my plant's leaves and my filter's water chute thing. (What is it called? :) )
My pH is more than 7.6, I didn't think it was that high so, unfortunately, I didn't get the right pH test. My water is at 23.5-24°C. I'm trying to reduce this very slowly to 22°C. I test for Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate often and the first 2 are always 0, but I have some nitrate and from the chart, it seems a very safe level.
I'm using Seachem Prime, 1ml mixed with 17L before adding to my aquarium. I change the water every saturday evening. I remove 25L then pump fresh new water into the tank. Then, I add Seachem Stability, 2-3 ml into the filter.

The lights are on from ~2:15PM to ~1PM (From when I leave for work to when I get back). I'm looking for a Fluval Freshwater and Plant 2.0 with a timer (when I'll feel rich enough) to have more control and better lighting.

Live plants: Cladophora, Hornworth (trimmed every week to leave only 2-3 inches because it grows fast), Moneywort (I'm not quite sure if it's that but it looks like it and they thrive when I give them Seachem Flourish Tabs and they tends to grow out of the water, so I cut them and replant them), Java Moss and something else I'm not quite sure (I posted it on the forum requesting assistance in this matter. I added the last two today after rinsing.

Video file uploaded on vid.me: https://vid.me/y57u

If you could help me identify the issue here, I would like to buy a couple of neons, but not until the algea and the dying fish issue is resolved. I also hate when living things are dying, it's sad since they rely on me :).

PS: I added 2 beautiful apple snails to clean my glass and 5 Kuhli Loaches today.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back