Sick Gourami

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Shasnan

Reaction score
So about a week and a half ago, I got a new female opaline gourami. For the first day or two she was very shy and not eating, but after a couple days she was swimming around and acting normal. Cut to a couple days ago, and she started acting lethargic, either staring into the corner or resting on a leaf. Also, she wasnā€™t eating. She also might be a bit bloated, I canā€™t tell. Today sheā€™s resting on the leaf, but yesterday she was at least moving around a little bit, moving from one corner to the other. Today shes rarely moved from the leaf. I hope Iā€™m not too late to save her. My ammonia was a little bit above 0 but not yet 0.25, so I did a 25% water change. I then noticed somehow my pH shot up. Iā€™m starting to gradually lower it over the next couple days with pH down. Right now itā€™s at 7.6. Before, the ph was above 8. No, I have no idea how it got so high. Do you think it could have been the pH making her sick, or do you think itā€™s a parasite? Iā€™m so worried about her and want to help her before itā€™s too late. Iā€™ve included a picture.

Attachments

• 8001F0C1-6C37-46E5-AE00-7BC42CD67DB5.jpeg
    8001F0C1-6C37-46E5-AE00-7BC42CD67DB5.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 130
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

The fish in the picture looks ok.

How long has the tank been set up for?
How often do you do water changes and how much do you normally change?
What sort of filter do you have and how long has it been set up for?
How often do you clean the filter and how do you clean it?
What is the nitrite and nitrate of the water?
What other fish are in the tank?

Hello, and welcome to the forum! :fish: :hi: :fish:

What are your water parameters?
How often do you change the water in the tank?
What are some of the Gouramis' tanks mates?

(Please consider entering the July POTM contes, by clicking the banner at the top of your screen, Thanks!) :) :thanks:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back