CazRJ

Reaction score
One of my Cory's is suddenly unable to swim correctly and is sat at the bottom of the tank all day. If it does try and swim it sort of bounces about at the bottom of the tank and takes a while to right itself if it falls on its side or upside down. Iv checked water parameters and all are spot on and my second Cory and other fish have no symptoms although my sick Cory is smaller than the healthy one (bought at the same time). I should also mention it is a cold water tank without heat.
Is this swim bladder caused by over eating maybe? How would people recommend I treat, I am planning on not feeding for 3 days but I'm concerned about the other fish. I dont have a second set of aquarium equipment to isolate.
Thanks for any help x

Attachments

• 16098416458535100097993750858938.jpg
    16098416458535100097993750858938.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 87
One of my Cory's is suddenly unable to swim correctly and is sat at the bottom of the tank all day. If it does try and swim it sort of bounces about at the bottom of the tank and takes a while to right itself if it falls on its side or upside down. Iv checked water parameters and all are spot on and my second Cory and other fish have no symptoms although my sick Cory is smaller than the healthy one (bought at the same time). I should also mention it is a cold water tank without heat.
Is this swim bladder caused by over eating maybe? How would people recommend I treat, I am planning on not feeding for 3 days but I'm concerned about the other fish. I dont have a second set of aquarium equipment to isolate.
Thanks for any help x
I suspect it could be the lack of warmth. Up the temperature a bit to 24 degrees. The cory that is sick is Corydoras aeneus (bronze cory) which I assume you know. However, they cannot really be kept in a tank without a heater unfortunately.

I suspect it could be the lack of warmth. Up the temperature a bit to 24 degrees. The cory that is sick is Corydoras aeneus (bronze cory) which I assume you know. However, they cannot really be kept in a tank without a heater unfortunately.
Aw thank you for your reply, that's really annoying as I asked at the place I got them about keeping them in an unheated tank ?

I wonder why they other is thriving

Aw thank you for your reply, that's really annoying as I asked at the place I got them about keeping them in an unheated tank ?

I wonder why they other is thriving
Hi Caz, they like heat and totally agree with @Fish4dawin as i have 14 in my tank and the heats at 78.5f

Thank you I'm not disagreeing just annoyed as I asked this question. I suppose I'll look at getting the tank heated x
By putting an heater in your tank you'll see the difference with your corys, i have mine at that heat as mine love it they breed like mad ?
Check on any fish first you want in your tank as a lot of these aquarium shops haven't got a clue what they're on about.

I'll try and get one when I next see it miving

Thank you I'm not disagreeing just annoyed as I asked this question. I suppose I'll look at getting the tank heated x
All you really need is a heater powerful enough to get it to 76 degrees or so.

By putting an heater in your tank you'll see the difference with your corys, i have mine at that heat as mine love it they breed like mad ?
I wanna have a go at breeding corys because 1 it's cool and 2 sometimes you can make a bit of money out of them if you have spare juveniles.

I wanna have a go at breeding corys because 1 it's cool and 2 sometimes you can make a bit of money out of them if you have spare juveniles.
Well mine lay the eggs sometimes they eat them up as it's their way of keeping their population right and mine seem to love my U2 and U4 filter but i have that much pressure going in my tank it forces the eggs off into the water but i had a nice surprise roughly 3mth back at midnight clocked a young and then another one appeared so i have 2 young albino's now developing nicely and i never fed them young foods they've developed on what i feed my others.

Yeah, I lost one to similar symptoms but he was really old, about six years I ad him. He just started to not have the strength to swim and would be sucked up to the outtake where he would stay all day. Looked a lot like swim bladder to me. Eventually, he passed away but he was, after all, ready for his bus pass.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back