Just a quick question about shrimp
Iā€™m looking into getting some if I can

6 bleeding heart
6 cardinal tetras
6 corys
1 bn plec
2 adf

Would I be to keep shrimp if so what kind and how many and what to feed

What are the tank dimensions (length x width x height)?

What is the GH (general hardness), KH (carbonate hardness) and pH of your water supply?
This information can usually be obtained from your water supply company's website (Water Analysis Report) or by telephoning them. If they can't help you, take a glass full of tap water to the local pet shop and get them to test it for you. Write the results down (in numbers) when they do the tests. And ask them what the results are in (eg: ppm, dGH, or something else).

--------------------

I wouldn't keep frogs with small fish or shrimp because the frogs might eat them. And if the fish get sick, any medications you use to treat the fish can kill the frogs. Ideally frogs should be kept in their own tanks, without fish.

Just a quick question about shrimp
Iā€™m looking into getting some if I can

6 bleeding heart
6 cardinal tetras
6 corys
1 bn plec
2 adf
territorial io
Would I be to keep shrimp if so what kind and how many and what to feed
Hi,
The number of shrimp you can keep depends on the size of your tank and the specific species you choose. I think you should keep small group of 5-10 shrimp and allow them to breed and establish a colony over time.

Last edited:
Agree with Colin, no shrimp with frogs, and no frogs with fish

I found this site on AD frogs, very interesting and wish i did a bit of research before i bought one but i have ordered a second tank for the ADF and will add a couple of buddies for him.

I think consensus is that ADF's are likely to try and eat shrimplets so may be best not to mix them. ADF's like being in groups too if you can increase them/give them their own tank together if that would be an issue in the current one.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back