Shrimp and Nitrates

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Nitrates down to 5ppm!!! Nitra-zorb is working.

I did not do the Tue water change this week.
Also yesterday I accidentally overfed (new home-made food) and a zucchini came apart when I pulled it out. All of those things caused higher nitrates I'm sure (although I did vacuum out what I could), but nitrates are down anyway!
1000009292.jpg

Nice !!!

Still, try to use it as less as you can, in the long term it could break your cycling process.

I would remove the nita-zorb as soon as 0 is met and monitor all aspect of the cycle for a while.

It might leave the time for your plants to start pumping nitrogen... Do you have fertilizer ?

Nice !!!

Still, try to use it as less as you can, in the long term it could break your cycling process.

I would remove the nita-zorb as soon as 0 is met and monitor all aspect of the cycle for a while.

It might leave the time for your plants to start pumping nitrogen... Do you have fertilizer ?
Yeah, I will pull it out and see where it stabilizes before I add again. I have fertilizer for the plants, but I haven't been using it because they're growing so much anyway and I figure fertilizer would reduce the amount of nitrates they pull out of the water. I had to pull out a bunch of hornwort the other day- just getting to be way too much.

Oh- one other thing- I put the nitra-zorb in the return chamber of the tank. I have an air stone in there, so I figure it gets more water flow that way. I think it will also still allow the ammonia, etc. produced inside the tank to pass through the filter so the bacteria don't die.

Most reactions

trending

Back