Shrimp and Nitrates

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Nitrates down to 5ppm!!! Nitra-zorb is working.

I did not do the Tue water change this week.
Also yesterday I accidentally overfed (new home-made food) and a zucchini came apart when I pulled it out. All of those things caused higher nitrates I'm sure (although I did vacuum out what I could), but nitrates are down anyway!
1000009292.jpg

Nice !!!

Still, try to use it as less as you can, in the long term it could break your cycling process.

I would remove the nita-zorb as soon as 0 is met and monitor all aspect of the cycle for a while.

It might leave the time for your plants to start pumping nitrogen... Do you have fertilizer ?

Nice !!!

Still, try to use it as less as you can, in the long term it could break your cycling process.

I would remove the nita-zorb as soon as 0 is met and monitor all aspect of the cycle for a while.

It might leave the time for your plants to start pumping nitrogen... Do you have fertilizer ?
Yeah, I will pull it out and see where it stabilizes before I add again. I have fertilizer for the plants, but I haven't been using it because they're growing so much anyway and I figure fertilizer would reduce the amount of nitrates they pull out of the water. I had to pull out a bunch of hornwort the other day- just getting to be way too much.

Oh- one other thing- I put the nitra-zorb in the return chamber of the tank. I have an air stone in there, so I figure it gets more water flow that way. I think it will also still allow the ammonia, etc. produced inside the tank to pass through the filter so the bacteria don't die.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back