Could use a few ideas on feeding

Whitecloudminnowguy099 3

Fish Fanatic
2x Pet of the Month!
Joined
Oct 21, 2024
Messages
174
Reaction score
411
Points
63
Location
Central, Georgia, USA
Hey all. Just wondering if and how I could expand the diet of my ghost shrimp and ramshorn snails? 20 ghost shrimp, a ton of snails, in this 5g tank. The bioload very little. 0 ammonia. I have only been feeding sinking carnivore tablets, and algae wafers. What else could I throw in there? Veggies? First time keeping shrimp, so thought I would ask here, instead of googling it, I hate AI. Experienced with ramshorns, have had them for over 2 years. Jw about the shrimp, and what they could eat, and if the food they eat, would they be able to share it with the snails that eat everything. If that makes any sense.

TIA
 
Hello. Well, let's see. It's been some years since I kept shrimp. I recall lots and lots of large water changes, since even traces of nitrate (the tail end of the nitrogen cycle) can be deadly to shrimp. The Ramshorn seemed to thrive in spite of any mistakes made in tank management. I generally had fish in with the shrimp, so anything made by the Optimum (New Life Spectrum) company was good. Had to watch how much I fed, so the Ramshorn population didn't get too large. The New Life Spectrum foods are all I feed.
 
Hello. Well, let's see. It's been some years since I kept shrimp. I recall lots and lots of large water changes, since even traces of nitrate (the tail end of the nitrogen cycle) can be deadly to shrimp. The Ramshorn seemed to thrive in spite of any mistakes made in tank management. I generally had fish in with the shrimp, so anything made by the Optimum (New Life Spectrum) company was good. Had to watch how much I fed, so the Ramshorn population didn't get too large. The New Life Spectrum foods are all I feed.
Thank you!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top