Show Off Your Tank!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Wow, 220 gallons is a serious fish tank. Congrats! I can't wait to see how it turns out.

p1060842f.jpg

I may switch to a black background. This is what was on it in the store, so they threw it in. I actually kind of like it.

driftwood.jpg

Found this driftwood used, online. I pick it up tomorrow. The guy just wants $40 for it, which saves me a fortune because my LFS charges $5.99 a pound. The big piece is 22" high by 17" wide at the largest point.

p1060856y.jpg

These are some rocks I picked up yesterday and today.

Once I get the driftwood and put everything in the tank, I'll finally put the lid and lights on.

I'm having an issue with the hose attached to the outlet of the canister filter. I can't get it on all the way, and I can't get it back off to soften it up. I'm scared it is going to leak one day.

I got an Eheim Classic 600 for my tank as well and gave up last night trying to set it up, will try again soon

I got an Eheim Classic 600 for my tank as well and gave up last night trying to set it up, will try again soon

I got my running, just worried about the hoses. Right now they're not leaking but they might pop off one day. I'm thinking maybe I can heat the hose up with a hair dryer to soften it up, since I can't put it in boiling water as it is stuck on the canister lid.

Try soaking a small towel in boiling water and wrapping it round the flexible hose to soften it.

That might work too, thanks for the suggestion!

The hairdryer worked, softened the hose enough to slide it on further, which enabled me to get the clamp on tighter.

9gaAu.jpg

125 gallon mix of real and fake plants. When I clean my driftwood I'll move some things around

Cool, I'm going to do a mixture of real and fake plants as well, though I hope to one day have all real ones.

What's that on the left, is that a castle?

Its the Megabloks World of Warcraft Deathwing/Stormwind castle set. I wanted something lego in the tank but these are more detailed and aquarium safe. Plus the dragons look sweet I also got the Sindragosa and Lich King one as well. Later I might go all real but between the two tanks I setup, I've already put about $2400 into them I wasn't going to pay more for higher power lights, co2 stuff etc

Heres a closeup, it might be bad quality but I had to screenshot it from my facebook on my tablet since I'm at work but hopefully its good enough
yE5Ti.jpg

I wanted to keep it as natural as I could, but these lego dragons kick #16#####

Here is my tank, a work in progress,been set up for 3 weeks.

p1060858.jpg
p1060875e.jpg
p1060874.jpg
p1060873w.jpg

p1060860n.jpg
p1060866h.jpg
p1060861v.jpg
p1060867ih.jpg
p1060871n.jpg
p1060870b.jpg
p1060872w.jpg
p1060859.jpg

p1060880q.jpg

p1060879q.jpg
p1060878.jpg
p1060876j.jpg

The little tank isn't new, but the fish that lived in it died recently. I am getting a Red Tailed Shark for it on Sunday.

The big tank is coming along nicely! I had to buy a claw because I can't reach the bottom the tank to decorate.

Most reactions

Back