Should I Say Goobye

I found the freezing water the best method and quick.
 
Clove oil, boiling or cold water would not kill the fish straight away. If I have to dispatch a fish I quickly wrap them in tissue paper and hit them once, very hard with a rolling pin. If it was me then I would rather that than being burned, frozen or suffocated in oil.
 
Clove oil, boiling or cold water would not kill the fish straight away. If I have to dispatch a fish I quickly wrap them in tissue paper and hit them once, very hard with a rolling pin. If it was me then I would rather that than being burned, frozen or suffocated in oil.
That's the way i have done it in the past, however some people are a bit squeamish and would not want to to that.
 
Clove oil, boiling or cold water would not kill the fish straight away. If I have to dispatch a fish I quickly wrap them in tissue paper and hit them once, very hard with a rolling pin. If it was me then I would rather that than being burned, frozen or suffocated in oil.
While cold water does not kill the fish straight away, but it does make it unconscious so that the fish feels nothing as its body shuts down. Boiling wter is not recommended. Your swift physical despatch method is humane, if a bit gory for some people.
 
:rip: Sorry for your loss.

Has anyone ever heard of using club soda/seltzer water? My gf did research on how to humanely euthanize fish. she read that seltzer water is the most humane. it's supposed to make them unconscious so you can put them in the freezer or whatever your preferred method is. i had to do this to once but the fish went crazy when we put it in the seltzer water then went still. the struggle made us think maybe there was a better way.

Any thoughts or experience?
 
my methods of killing the fish

#1 feed it to the cat/dog.... they love em
#2 take it out of the water and cut its head off with a pair of scissors and drop it in the toilet
#3 take it outside and step on it

all fast and FREE

the cat/dog one is good because then it gets recycled and u don't have to buy as much cat/dog food
 

Most reactions

Back
Top