Should I move angelfish wigglers?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Elisanet

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I need some help regarding angelfish wigglers! My pair have laid eggs in my community tank every couple of weeks this year, but they never hatched. I tried putting the eggs in a breeding tank once, and they all were infertile so I gave up and figured something must be wrong with my pair. But, to my shock, they did not eat the eggs this time and I suddenly I have wigglers! They are 3 days old now, and I have gotten quite attached to them. I read that if I leave them in the community tank they most likely will all be eaten. I have now set up a smaller tank with water from community tank, is it advisable to move the wigglers? It has clearly not had time to be cycled properly. My community tank is 300 liter/79 gallon- with 5 angel fish, group of scissortail rasboras, group of glowlight tetras, 5 zebra loaches, 1 raphael catfish and a pleco in case that helps. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_2027.JPG
    IMG_2027.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 108
The parents should take care of the fry. If they eat them the first time they should take care of them in the future, it takes a few times for them to learn how to be parents

I missed the part about there being other fish, you can move the fry, or the fry and the parents:)

I missed the part about there being other fish, you can move the fry, or the fry and the parents:)
Thank you! My concern is the new tank has not had enough time to cycle, so is it better to leave the fry in the community tank or a newly setup tank?

Thank you! My concern is the new tank has not had enough time to cycle, so is it better to leave the fry in the community tank or a newly setup tank?
You can move filter media from your old tank to your new tank to give it an instant cycle, and with fry you will be doing frequent water changes anyway so it will be fine

You can move filter media from your old tank to your new tank to give it an instant cycle, and with fry you will be doing frequent water changes anyway so it will be fine
My community tank has an external filter, and my new tank has a sponge filter. So I don't think I can move filter media?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back