Should I get get panda garra’s?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I think I’m going to get the root tabs and liquid fertiliser along with frog bit. Watching a care video they said frog bit likes slow moving water. Should I get a new filter like a sponge filter or keep the filter I have? I looked at canister filters but a 100L (25G) tank doesn’t need a canister filter

Filtration is the primary source of water current/movement, and since this does affect fish, needs to be thought out. This tank is 50g, and if I read previous posts correctly you have a Fluval U4 filter. This should be adjustable by several means. My 40g cory tank had an Aqueon Quiet Flow in the back right corner, aimed along the back wall. There was current in the back, but very little in the front, and this worked very well. It also provided good overall circulation without being a raging torrent. Besides the cories, what other fish will be in this tank?

Filtration is the primary source of water current/movement, and since this does affect fish, needs to be thought out. This tank is 50g, and if I read previous posts correctly you have a Fluval U4 filter. This should be adjustable by several means. My 40g cory tank had an Aqueon Quiet Flow in the back right corner, aimed along the back wall. There was current in the back, but very little in the front, and this worked very well. It also provided good overall circulation without being a raging torrent. Besides the cories, what other fish will be in this tank?
I’m using my 25G tank, it has a super fish aqua flow 300. I might buy a new one because of the “real estate” of where an internal filter would be.
Also the end amount of fish and invertebrates should be
2 kribensis
12-15 rummy nose tetra
6 bronze corydoras
4 endler guppies
3 amano shrimp
1 bamboo shrimp
4 otocinclus catfish

Last edited:
On another forum someone said that Argos play sand was to fine and so want great for cleaning so is there a slightly larger grain sand that wind harm the corys or their barbles?

Argos sand is fine, it's what I use and I have a wide variety of plants -
  • Hygrophilia Polysperma
  • Cryptocoryne Wendttii
  • Anubias
  • Java Fern
  • Amazon Swords
  • Java Moss
  • Vallisneria
  • Marimo Ball
  • Tiger Lotus
  • Cryptocoryne Beckettii
  • Star grass
It stays clean. I also started using B&M play sand which is a bit cheaper (£3.75 Instead of £5.50 the last time I checked) and is exactly the same as Argos.

On another forum someone said that Argos play sand was to fine and so want great for cleaning so is there a slightly larger grain sand that wind harm the corys or their barbles?

There are people who do not like sand, period, and always bring up the compaction issue. Nonsense. I've had play sand for 8-9 years with no issues, and in some tanks I never touched it at all.

There are people who do not like sand, period, and always bring up the compaction issue. Nonsense. I've had play sand for 8-9 years with no issues, and in some tanks I never touched it at all.
So aegis sand is fine?

Argos sand is fine, it's what I use and I have a wide variety of plants -
  • Hygrophilia Polysperma
  • Cryptocoryne Wendttii
  • Anubias
  • Java Fern
  • Amazon Swords
  • Java Moss
  • Vallisneria
  • Marimo Ball
  • Tiger Lotus
  • Cryptocoryne Beckettii
  • Star grass
It stays clean. I also started using B&M play sand which is a bit cheaper (£3.75 Instead of £5.50 the last time I checked) and is exactly the same as Argos.
Thanks! Really helpful suggestions, I love moss balls, and so do my amano shrimp!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back