Should I Get Amano Shrimp?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Why not just attach a cheap pump and se it as is for now.
I don't know if I have the skillset to modify another pump to fit to it!

Scratch that, I'm pretty confident I don't have the skillset to do it!

I stole a canister filter from one of my tanks, which is heavily planted and less stocked, so could cope with a hang on back filter and an internal, and put the media from the hood/box filter into the canister :)

I've had 'plastic' lids for 2 small tanks. The first was a Clearseal tank years ago, which came with a thin opaque black plastic lid that I couldn't fit a light in. So I went to my local DIY shop and they sold me a plastic greenhouse pane which I cut down to size. This has never warped though it has gone hazy over the years. I was not told what it was made of.
Many years later I bought a tank for the betta I had then which had a glass lid which only covered 2/3 of the tank top. Bettas can jump so I needed something to cover it completely. I went back to the DIY shop where this time they sold me an off cut of perspex a couple of mm thick (about the same as the first 'plastic'). Within a day the centre strip was at least a couple of cm higher than the sides. I had to turn it over every day. In the end I put the glass cover back and used a strip of the first 'plastic' I had left over to cover the 1/3 without a lid.

Bumping this since I now have my definitive answer: definitely going to be a no on the shrimp. Better to go for something I'm unfamiliar with when I'm a little more experienced.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back