Shopping List....

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
8,209
Reaction score
5
Points
38
Location
South Africa
My only local pet shop has about 10 tanks, and apart from 4 Silver Dollars and 2 Fantail Goldfish,.... the rest of the fish they keep comes from my tanks.....

Tomorrow, my wife has the opportunity to accompany a friend to the city (Pretoria) to have her car serviced...... (and obviously the opportunity to visit the bigger pet stores with a variety of fish available).

I have at least 20 tanks available to be stocked with "other fish" which I could (potentially) breed for my local (Flourishing :lol: ) market.....

I'm drawing up a shopping list for her right now.... (I know - at least 6 adult Bristle nose) will be included in the list....

What other suggestions????.... I want a variety of popular fish that are easy enough to breed to satisfy the local market.

I must mention that the only one's I currently have to offer are:

Blue Gouramies

(All) common Live Bearers - Guppies/Platies/Mollies/Swords....

Convicts

Bettas

Albino Rio Tets

Golden Apple snails....

Suggestions please....
 
that time again Ludwig..hope u get everything you want.. off topic, hows the bar tank, and those beautiful oscars?
 
that time again Ludwig..hope u get everything you want.. off topic, hows the bar tank, and those beautiful oscars?

They continue breeding at about every 2nd week, but nothing comes off it... (not really expecting anything) .. since it's community, but the tank is established (but can be improved) with a little interest from their side as well (the owners)
 
Pearl Gourami
uncommon relatively peaceful SA cichlids such as Sajica / rainbow cichlid / T.Ellioti etc.
one of the common african species such as labidochromis / kribensis
one of the larger Rainbow Species such as Boesmanis
white cloud mountain minnows
Angels
 
Ha! Ha! Ha!... :lol: :lol: ... Yea!!... So the joke's on me.... Gave her a list of about 15 different species of fish...(6 of each specie) She comes back with.???.... 5kg of flake food (which was also on the list) and 1.... uno.... one....ein single 1.5" wasting away Albino Bristle nose with closed fins and in a poor condition......(Glad she rescued it)

She visited 3 different pet shops,...... (in the city).... & coud'nt find any of the fish on my list....(this includes commoners like tiger barbs and Zebra/Giant Danios).....

Looks like it's not only my (one-horse) town that does not specialise in tropicals.... (So disappointed)!!!!

Ouch!!!... & now I find out she paid R90.00 for this measly speciman!!....
 

Most reactions

Back
Top