shock horror

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

tetraboy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i was tv the other morning when i saw a tank with dyed fish on channal 4's rise in the mornings. i know dying still goes on i thought the tv program should have more sense

Is that the one with the massive tank behind the bar? If it is then they have got a load of blood parrots with a whole range of colours from red to blue + a load of other mixed fish (which shouldnt be there) some cichlids etc.

As the tank is being used as a decoration for a TV show the producers would want the most colorful fish for the cheapest price and probably jumped at the chance to buy some nice painted/dyed fish without caring about the welfare of their fish :sly:

i just went this morning to get some bloodworms and they had both painted glassfish and painted cory's. The corys had their tail ends dipped in green and red paint, and the glassfish had blotches of florescent orange/green/yellow/purple and blue. But they were in bad condition :(

But i admit i can see why people would buy them cos they do look very colourful, but doubt they know how the colour got onto the fish

:eek:

Tetra Boy,

I think "rise" channel 4 programme has a website - if your dead sure that the fish are dyed, (im going to have a GOOD LOOK when its next on) then lets round up some troops in an emailing petition against dying fish, thats ridiculous, I cant believe ppl would do that, like fish arent beautiful enough!
some people are just morons! :angry: :crazy: :grr: :look:

Starry^

I saw some blood parrots at my LFS one day and I fell in love with the little guys. I went home that night and did some research on them to see how they'd do in a community tank and that's when I found out that they were dyed, sometimes by injections. Then, back at my LFS, I was talking to the guy there about how I was going to buy that there purple blood parrot until I learned how mistreated they were by being "dipped" in dye (not injected). He assured me that the dye fades and is non-toxic. Although I am not that gullable and I don't believe a word he said, I did end up buying the little guy and he is, to this day, one of my all-time FAVORITES. He has such a personality and is soooo full of life. It is like he is an actual "pet" unlike some of the other fish out there. He is very special to me. Sure enough, 3 months later, his purple has faded to a pink and will soon fade to it's birth color of goldfish orange.

Don't get me wrong...I had definite issues with buying the fish. I actually didn't even like the color that it was and that had NO bearing on me liking him. I just did and still do.

The way I see it (when the blood parrot is concerned) that this particular fish is so full of life and has soooo much fun living his that it would be a shame for him not to have been born. But then again....mixing two species of Cichlids ("man made") isn't right either. Like I said....there are definite issues!

Just thought everyone would like to hear my two (or was it twelve) cents!! ;o) ;o)

Silver
:*

My Dyed Blood Parrot: POLLY
polly.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back