April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Circus

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
So, I made a wall of shell for my N. Multifasciatus. We'll have to see if they will use this shell dweller apartment.

20220306_192033.jpg

That is always so cool to watch fish investigate something new that we put in... Maybe they will enjoy it or maybe they won't like the new construction 😅
They are investigating at the moment!

And there he goes!
They like it! Awesome dude! I've always been kinda fascinated by shell dwellers but haven't done much research 😕... Their probably hard water fish anyways tho...

They like it! Awesome dude! I've always been kinda fascinated by shell dwellers but haven't done much research 😕... Their probably hard water fish anyways tho...
They like very hard water, being from the African rift lake Tanganyika. Honestly, not much more work than my regular tanks. They just get refilled with 5 gallon buckets instead of the python so I can add the scoops of minerals and stir it in. The lake salts cost me about $10 every 6 months.

They like very hard water, being from the African rift lake Tanganyika. Honestly, not much more work than my regular tanks. They just get refilled with 5 gallon buckets instead of the python so I can add the scoops of minerals and stir it in. The lake salts cost me about $10 every 6 months.
$10 every six months!? That's not bad at all! What tank size are these guys in and how many do you keep? What level of hardness do they usually live in?

$10 every six months!? That's not bad at all! What tank size are these guys in and how many do you keep? What level of hardness do they usually live in?
Mine are in a 30 gallon flat back hexagon tank. I only change 10 gallons every 2 weeks. There are about 35 right now. I think their hardness should be between 150 ppm and 450 ppm. I keep mine around 350 ppm, usually.

Here is their SF species profile.

Here is a picture of my Shelly tank. Right now they are in with a pair of (unfortunately both male) N. Caudopunctatus.

Mine are in a 30 gallon flat back hexagon tank. I only change 10 gallons every 2 weeks. There are about 35 right now. I think their hardness should be between 150 ppm and 450 ppm. I keep mine around 350 ppm, usually.

Here is their SF species profile.
That's a lot of fish in a 30g... How big are they!? I mean obviously they are small enough to it in shells! Thank you for this information on them!

Here is a picture of my Shelly tank. Right now they are in with a pair of (unfortunately both male) N. Caudopunctatus.
I think you forgot to add in the picture...

Sorry about the pic. My phone was being stupid. Here is that.
20220306_201847.jpg

The males can reach almost 2 inches, the females a bit more than 1.25 inches.

Not sure if it shows well, but here is an adult male and female compared to my hand.

Attachments

• 20220306_211015.jpg
    20220306_211015.jpg
    328.4 KB · Views: 43
Sorry about the pic. My phone was being stupid. Here is that.View attachment 155890

The males can reach almost 2 inches, the females a bit more than 1.25 inches.
I like how you designed the tank around them... I'm sure they love all those little places to go!
Not sure if it shows well, but here is an adult male and female compared to my hand.
They are actually bigger than I thought they were! Thanks for sharing!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back