Sexing Kribensis

advertise him on here, classifieds section, you never know someone might need a mate for their lone fishy.

He would be better off going back to a shop though, they stand more chance of getting him paired off.

life in a bucket aint much fun i would imagine :)

Shame mate, if you were closer i would of had him off you. Place him for sale in the classified section mate stating the problem and the condition of the fish and i'm sure someone will take him off your hands... unless you buy another tank and another mate... :good:

Well I was looking into getting a little 25 litre tank for some Dwarf Puffers, but that will be no good for him, and I still need to wait on my uncle to get back to me, so I can find out how much water my floors can hold and then I will look into buying a 150litre tank :)

But like I said I have a Rekord 96 that is water tight, an old filter, a spare heater, it just doesn't have a hood or light.

I suppose I could run the old filter in the tank tonight to get some bacteria in the media, but I'd be surprised if he survives, all it is really is him looking very sorry for himself and his tail has been nibbled and he's just hiding out of the way and panting hard, hasn't really lost much colour, his brown stripes are still very dark and visible.

I would definately move him as stress and bullying can soon kill a fish. He should be fine though once you have moved him. Give him some good quality food along with some frozen live food and a few decent hiding places (even if they're not needed) and i reckon he will be right as rain.

Also you can buy some clip on lights from ebay that clamp onto the tank glass.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Arcadia-Arc-Pod-Aquarium-Light-Unit-11w-Tropical-/330511466979?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item4cf404c1e3

Would 30% be enough water? As I really don't want to go over that as I know my floor can hold upto 125litres.

The current setup tank is 98L so 30% of a Rekord 96 would be.... :S sorry rubbish at maths.

Also as my sister has cats that would be my other concern with no hood.

LOL!! Sounds like the cat might have a fish supper! I would say 30% water should be ok for the time being until you manage to rehome him hopefully soon.

If not I can try and get down to a LFS who sell clear seal tanks and get him one of those which have a hood, just no light.

Would a 5gallon tank be okay until he recovers so I can either rehome him or give him back to my workplace. As I was meant to return one male, just haven't had the time and I was going to do it tomorrow as it's my day off, but after seeing the shape he's in, don't think it would be fair.

So if I rehome him to someone on here, I would need to pay the price of buying him, nevermind eh?

How much were they? I wouldn't like to comment on the 5 gallon tank as it would depend on how long he is in there for, plus if you could rehome him soonish then you would save money by not buying the extra small tank.

I was looking to get a 5 gallon to setup a little Dwarf Puffer tank anyway, so wouldn't be too bothered, either that or it could be a hospital tank.

Obviously I would like to try and let him have a recovery and become appealing. But I would like to get him gone sooner rather then have him crammed in the tank for however long.

I'll ring work tomorrow or go down and see my colleague then see what he says, if he'd take him back after he's had a recovery, and I'll pay for him there and then incase he doesn't survive.

Erm I get them at discounted price but they are usually £5-£6 I think, can't remember.

Maybe you should get the 5 gallon then and try and perk him up. If the tail is not too badly damaged then it should regrow pretty quickly. This would give you a better chance of rehoming him. Obviously if the place you work at can have take him back then that would be even better for you. If not, try gumtree also. :good:

Yeah will do. Is there any medication that I can use to aid his tail growth at all?

Erm, i'm not sure mate tbh... I just use the general tonic but i don't know if this would help. Regular water changes (10%) possibly everyother day would help massively along with some good quality food such as tetra prima etc along with a few pieces from a thawed frozen food cube will work wonders.

Thats the way i would look after him but whether it's right or not is a different method. :lol:

I really wouldnt fanny around with him, he needs to go into a properly filtered and stable environment or i dare say he will peg it soon. For now you could move your ornaments round in the tank, add a few more hidey holes but he wont last long in there if the others have paired off. It wont be a new tank he will be living in, but the dustbin :/

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back