Sexing Kribensis

If number 3 was a normal Krib he would have more colour than that even with the light substrate i am sure of it. Nothing wrong with albino's, i have been considering getting a pair. It is often said that the male Kribensis will choose an albino female as she appears to have a brighter colour belly than a normal female due to the rest of her being white.

Right okay, well I'll see how it goes until Thursday, but if the other two have paired off "possibility" I may as well stick with them and give back the albino.

Sounds like a plan mate. Everything could change by then! congratulations on some lovely looking fish which ever you decide to keep :) :good:

I'm going to put a spanner in the works and tell you that you have 3 females :)

In my eyes none of them have the lengh of a male fish, while they all have slightly more depth to their bodies, a female trait. :)

If i had to select one as being male, i think i would pick image 1, as it does have a slightly more torpedo like nose/head while the female have a more compact "snout"...

:)

In my opinion 2 and 3 have the wrong shape tails for a female though and look exactly like my males.

Hate to break up this convo but are you sure any of these kribensis pulcher are female? They all look to be male to me because of their long body shape and pointed fins. Females should be less long, more rounded and A LOT more colourful?

I'm gonna go with Aqua Marine on this one & say you have 3 males.

If I had to pick one that looked a bit like a female, I would go with number 2.

You will have to keep all three now just so you can see who is right. Have they coloured up any more? My female is so dark again now.

It seems the "albino" male has possibly paired off with the female and the other male just hides behind the heater.

Shall go get some pictures now if I can.

Even better I have a video, hope this helps out even more.

The Krib on shown from the start is what I think to be a female, then the larger Krib is the supposed albino male.

Well came home today from work to find one of the Kribs very much beaten up in the corner staying away from everything, so it seems that I have 2 males and a female.

Now problem is what to do with the other male?

I have a empty hoodless Juwel Rekord 96, a spare filter that has ran in the tank he's in now, but the bacteria has probably died by now, and I do have a spare unused heater. Should I syphon about 30% water from my current tank to the 96, put the filter and heater in there and hope for the best, as there's no point taking him back to my work, I doubt we'd take him back.

Or should I just put him in the bucket I use for water changes along with filter and heater?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back