selecting fish for new tank

cbster

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i have a 55 gal tank with live plants cycling. the tank has a h.o.t. magnum 250,a whisper 4, two aquaclear 301 powerheads, 300watt heater, and an air pump. i was thinking of making like a tropical river scene with angelfish, hatchet fish, pencilfish, spotted headstanders, neon tetras, cory cats, and clown loaches, and i was wandering if the fish mentioned would be alright and if there were any others that you guys could think of that would be preety neat in there. thanks Greg

looks like a great selection of fish. The sight of hatchet fish swimming with pencilfish will definitely draw attention as the two are so opposite! I am in the process of converting my 75 gal aqaurium into an amazon theme also. If you are going to put angel fish in with neon tetras be sure to get the biggest neons you can find as the angel fish will snack on them if they can fit them in their mouth. I have a school of seven rummy nose tetra that really add a lot to my tank. they have bright red heads and black and white striped tails. the tails really stand out when the tetras swim by the zebra pleco as he is black and white stripped also. There are many plecos that due not grow to an enormous size and could be considered for your tank. A pair of blue rams would also add some color to the tank.

Good luck with your tropical river tank. Hatchet fish are just cool. I plan on adding some to my collection.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back