Seahorse Set-Up Mk. 2

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
any updates I have loved reading the two journals!!

Hi guys long time!

Nothing much has gone on with the tank, after fixing the bubble problem i thought i would let it run empty for a bit, make sure everything is working. It wasn't - more problems. Then i ran out of money to fix it and stock it. But i have some money and all systems are go go go!! Watch this space for a big update and hopefully finished tank ready to stock :hyper: - finally.

Kelwoo
xx

Hey! I just wanted to say that I enjoyed reading your two journals and really look forward to you getting back into the game. I'm doing a macro tank, so reading your journals were a part of my research. :) Hehehe, I archived the first journal... You were archived. :hey:

Well I don't want to sound like I'm bragging but I'd like to take full credit for this thread taking off again, due to me badgering Kelwoo about her seahorses is preperation fo me getting mine.... she's back! :good:

Well I don't want to sound like I'm bragging but I'd like to take full credit for this thread taking off again, due to me badgering Kelwoo about her seahorses is preperation fo me getting mine.... she's back! :good:

Well done, we have missed her :good:

Not a lot has happened so far but I'm waiting for the delivery of my new sump pump. When it arrives hopefully I can get the tank up and running properly again!! :kana:

Not a lot has happened so far but I'm waiting for the delivery of my new sump pump. When it arrives hopefully I can get the tank up and running properly again!! :kana:

Oh, I'm looking forward to this! :kana: I loved your first seahorse setup. Made me want to try macro algae. :)

llj

Ok so the new sump pump arrive, and after hours a playing with taps, flows etc.. finally managed to get it to all work great :good: (finally!! was just about to give up too when just by fluke got it right!!)

Well that has been running now for 4 weeks and no problems - the bubble problem from the downpipe has gone, and the balance between what goes up and comes down it good. I will post some pictures later, you must bare in mind that my tank has been just sitting there for months so it's not that spectacular - yet!!

Since getting the sump working properly i have also upgraded the lights. I have aquarays :hey: - 2 1000HD ultra reef white and 1 1500XG ultima ocean blue as the main display lights with multi controller and i am goning to use a 600 ultra reef white at 5% for the moon light (yet to be installed). The lights are stunning and it just shows how dark my tank was before! Again i will post some picture when i finish with the moon light.

From here it's messing around a bit with the rock etc... and then it's all go for adding the algae, some corals and finally my long awaited horses :hyper: :hyper:

Hopefully with things moving a long nicely i'll be posting updates more often.

That's it for now really will post some pictures later

kelwoo xx

Can't wait for pictures :good:

yay! I'm happy that you've got things running. Can't wait to see more seahorses.

Hi all,

I know it's been ages since I update my journal but life has been a bit chaotic. Lots has happen tank wise, when i have a free moment i will update. I have piccy's lots of piccy's. A quick tid bit taster - I have horses in the tank and babies. Like i said when i have a free moment i will done a proper update with all the piccy's. Hopefully this week as i have some some time off.

Watch this space.

Kelwoo

Awesome I thought that maybe you had gave up with all the trouble you had :harsh:

Looking forward to pics :good:

Bae

cool, nice to have some of the older members back, havent seen a lot of them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back