Schottayb's Juwel Trigon 190

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SchottayB

Mr. Terrorcore!
Reaction score
Hey guys, thought I'd share a few pictures of my new Juwel Trigon 190.

I brought the tank and it looked like this:
day2w.jpg

Next step was to buy the new background, so I got this:
backgroundonbed.jpg

Great! Time to fit it! ...and what effort that was to get a good tight fit!:
backgroundtankonfloor.jpg

and then it went in!:
backgroundtankonfloor2.jpg

Next step was to get rid of that horrid gravel, and give the new gravel a good wash! I like the darker colour, so I got this:
gravelinbuckets.jpg

Now the task of setting it back up! What effort this was, hope it pays off! (Doubt I'll do it again :p). I've put the gravel in the tank now and that as far as I got yesterday!

Heres a quick picture:
backgroundandgravelonst.jpg

^^ The bottom of the tank looks a differnt colour, because I've put this sticker type thing over the cabinet and top of the tank to match my apartment. I've still got a peice to put on the bottom yet :rolleyes:

Let me know what you think, and be honest! :lol: ...Any questions please ask :)

I will be doing more today, so more pictures to follow with a bit of luck!

Cheers

:good: that last pic reminds me of when i first got my Trigon.

are you planting it?

:good: that last pic reminds me of when i first got my Trigon.

are you planting it?

It will be yes, I have roughly 30 bunches and a few stem plants to put in. I'm thinking of urmm... I'll try and get my paint skills going! haha :lol:

LOL! Use your imagination here:

tankkkk.jpg

If you squint, you might see where I'm going with this... :lol:

sounds good Schotty! Look forward to it mate...heres my old journal mate, see what you think.

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/334251-trigon-island-190/

sounds good Schotty! Look forward to it mate...heres my old journal mate, see what you think.

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/334251-trigon-island-190/

Looks fantastic! I highly doubt I will ever get the same look :p I won't be using co2, just ferts :).

I've finally finished filling the tank up, doing a bit of planting and adding the fish! (The fish that came with the tank wont be staying once I re-stock).

Plus having a little ship and volcano that glows red and blows bubbles (darn partner :rolleyes:)

Pictures soon!

Water is a little cloudy, it's all setup and running again now though thank god!

God darn Angel Fish keep pulling plants up though :-(, can't wait to re-home all the stock :nod:!

I will take a picture late on tonight once the water has calmed down a tad and let you see how it's going. I haven't got any wood in as of yet, wont be for another two weeks till I get the Redmoor Wood sadly, but i'd rather wait than rush! :p

I wont be keeping the plants where they are, and a few of them will be replaced.

Thankyou for comments guys!

Heres a picture I've just took, quality is poor because I only have my iPhone as a camera :p:

tanksetup.jpg

^^^ The ship and the volcano air-stone, red LED thing... The misses :rolleyes:, it won't be staying :p

I haven't got any Redmoor wood yet, and need another good few bunches of plants to fill out. Probably re-arrange the plants once I have more and the wood.

Hope you like it so far, still got a long way to go yet before I can class it as "finished" :p.

And heres a picture, one of my Angel Fish (only one that would stay still!):
angel2pj.jpg

Cheers :good:

Don't rehome your angels, they're stunners!! I love the tank, the way you have cut the filter out makes it look like a cave entrance or something. The light reflecting on it also adds to the effect.

Don't rehome your angels, they're stunners!! I love the tank, the way you have cut the filter out makes it look like a cave entrance or something. The light reflecting on it also adds to the effect.

Thanks mate, took me enough effort to get the background in :lol:! Didn't want it to look crap... think I've managed to pull that part off :p

Just need a shed load more plants and my wood now!

I do love the Angels they are great fun, but I wasn't sure if I had the right setup for them... I've never kept Angels they came with the tank.

How many can you keep in a 190?

Cheers mate :)

Lovely tank! Your doing a fabulous job! I actually enjoy the volcano, it adds a bit of character and actually fits in nicely, IMO! Nice fish as well! Keep up the good work!!!! :)

How many have you got? If its only two then keep them imo. Are they a pair or friends at least?

Lovely tank! Your doing a fabulous job! I actually enjoy the volcano, it adds a bit of character and actually fits in nicely, IMO! Nice fish as well! Keep up the good work!!!! :)

Thanks :). It doesn't look too bad, will actually look at fit nicely when I get more plants to cover them horrid wires :lol:.

Still got a lot more work to do, but it looks like it's paying off :)!

How many have you got? If its only two then keep them imo. Are they a pair or friends at least?

It's just the two, they haven't had any eggs since I've had them and the person I got them off didn't say anything about them being a pair.

I've never see them fight either, they seem to be very peaceful and happy in the tank. Never causing any problems with any of the other fish either.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back