Schooling Fish Questions/suggestions

Richard22b

Fish Crazy
Joined
Feb 22, 2009
Messages
219
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Bristol
Hi all
I want some schooling fish in my tank as I personnaly think its nice to watch them go around.

I currently have 6 odessa barbs and 3 silver dollars. :good:

Is it worth increasing the size of the group for one of these or can someone reccomend an alternative schooling fish. :unsure:

My tank is 528 and details can be found on my signature.
 
Rainbow Fish?
Melanotaenia Lacustris
Melanotaenia Praecox
Melanotaenia Boesemani

I don't know about increasing your current shoals. If they seem bold and active then it's probably not neccesary but if you would prefer a bigger shoal then...do. :)
 
I love Odessas, so would reccomend increasing that shoal. I think 12 of them would be awesome!

Also im thinking about a shoal of red serpae tetra myself, they are nice.

Consider black skirt tetra too? They are an unusual fish and can get to a nice size.

Gaz
 
I love my shoal of 10 Praecox, I call them the Horde :) Really nice to watch, and a much better neon blue colouration than they appear to have in the shops :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top