Sand?

fish, or sand?

if you mean fish, then you could get like 6/7 corys, they are peaceful good for a community tank
 
use your gravel vac as normal except dont push it into the sand like you would gravel. instead hold it just above the sand the fish waste etc gets sucked up leaving the sand behind
 
yeh i always wondered how to keep it clean would bn plecos b ok with sand and are cucko cats compatible with corys
 
Any plec , as with most predominantly vegetarian fish, is a giant waste producer because their food is not as concentrated as what a meat eater or omnivore would eat. Less concentrated means more waste volume.
 
In my 125L I've got 6 corys, 6 (so far) kuhlis, 10 MTS, amano and cherry shrimp as my "clean up crew" (along with the other stuff in my sig) and I've given up "gravel" vaccing the sand.
It's quite well planted. I don't have problems with the sand looking "dirty".
I did for a short time get some strata of the sand going blue/black (cyanobac?) but once I planted eloda (anti-bacterial properties) and added the MTS it cleared right up and the sand is all nice and pale sandy coloured now.
I give the sand a quick "stir" with my fingers (being careful not to go too close to the plants) when I do water changes, pretty much only to loosen it as it does compact.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top