Salt and Mollies

Kissifish

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
:unsure: Considering adding mollies in with angels, but how are angels with the salt? :*)and do the mollies have to have salt in their water? I didn't add salt years ago when I had them and they seemed OK.........

i dont add salt to mine and they ok i think its a matter of choice, if ur keep the water really good quality then there be fine which i surpsoe u already do keeping angels . i read that it was a myth and that once u start putting them in salt they then begin to not be able to live with out it, bit like fancy goldfish and the warm tempertures .i think mollies can adapt to both ways... i think :p :D but still my mollies are fine and i have 5! :hyper: maybe if there young they can better adapt to it also .. mine where quite young when i got them :)

Angels wont like the salt,they are a amazonian species and have no need for it in their water,salt should only be used for brackish and marine tanks IMO.
Mollies are a brackish fish but are hardy enough to go without salt,you can mix angels with mollies but a word of warning the angels will eat any molly fry in the tank.

:D Thanks for the info as I didn't want the added work trying to keep the salt content up. Went through that when my goldfish had parasites! :S :hyper: :crazy:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back