Linkandnavi

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Anyone know the more common name for this type of rock?

amtra-sand-drawing-rock-211313-en.jpg

The site is Austrian so I'm not sure if something is being lost in translation. It calls them "sand drawing rock", but a Google for that doesn't come up with anything that I can find. I love the look of them but want to do a bit more digging into inertness and potentially find some a bit more local.

Thanks.

OP
OP
Linkandnavi

Linkandnavi

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Don't think I can delete my own thread (or if I can, I can't work out how) but I'm fairly sure I've managed to answer this myself. I think it's Gobi Rock or Gobi Desert Stone 👍

Essjay

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
We like to leave threads in the forum so that anyone asking the same question can see the answer :)

Uberhoust

Fishaholic
Reaction score
They do look like Gobi dessert stone, though the limestone variety. I would expect these to raise the KH and pH, though by how much I don't know. Cannot be positive by just looking at pictures.

OP
OP
Linkandnavi

Linkandnavi

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
They do look like Gobi dessert stone, though the limestone variety. I would expect these to raise the KH and pH, though by how much I don't know. Cannot be positive by just looking at pictures.
Thanks. I wouldn't buy anything without seeing it in person first. More so that I know what to look for and ask for when I go into a store. Given what my local stores normally stock, I suspect I'll end up with lava rock...

Most reactions