RO/DI waste water for freshwater.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Aquarist2020

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi guys. I have got saltwater recently and I have been having waste water from my Ro/di filter ( obviously ). Can I use the waste water for freshwater.
Thank you

I don't quite understand... are you wanting to use the waste from from your RO filter (saltwater) to your other tank? (Which is freshwater?)

Hi guys. I have got saltwater recently and I have been having waste water from my Ro/di filter ( obviously ). Can I use the waste water for freshwater.
Thank you
I would expect the waste water alone to be very high GH/KH but mixed back with the tap water could be ok, depending on your tap water GH/KH? And also which freshwater fish you keep/intend to keep

Short answer is no. All of the "contaminents" will be much more concentrated. My tap water is legally fit for human consumption. The waste from the RO does not even come close.

That's the general answer. If your tap water is already very pure it may be possible but TBH I would not.

Short answer is no. All of the "contaminents" will be much more concentrated. My tap water is legally fit for human consumption. The waste from the RO does not even come close.

That's the general answer. If your tap water is already very pure it may be possible but TBH I would not.
ok thanks

I would expect the waste water alone to be very high GH/KH but mixed back with the tap water could be ok, depending on your tap water GH/KH? And also which freshwater fish you keep/intend to keep
thank you

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back