River stream 53g

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ah - tried similar and stopped because those little gel balls never dissolve. Will have a look around.
Yeah i know what you mean. It doesnt bother me too much tho. I only see a few during maintance and i just push them back under. I can handle that if my plants carry on growing as they are.

My local Maidenhead was selling it at £3.50 for 25 litres if you supply your own jerry can(s). Make sure you specify straight RO or they will assume you want minerals added. As I am now getting through around 200 litres per week I bought my own.
The units easy to set up and keep?

Thank you Byron,

I love the Botia Kubotai, Wow they look awesome!!
These and the Rasboras would be a perfect combo for me to go with the pearls but i think i would have problems with my water parameters

Ph 7.4
Gh 13 dgh

Your pearl gourami will struggle as well with the hard water. They like dead still water with a load of branches and reeds to swim through. If it was me I’d soften it up with RO and go for some corydoras.

Get a black background and some tannins in the water and the colours really ping then.

If your committed to RO it’s the best way to do it. Saves time and money long term. My unit was like £80 and I can make 25l in about 15 mins as my water pressure is really high.

Your pearl gourami will struggle as well with the hard water. They like dead still water with a load of branches and reeds to swim through. If it was me I’d soften it up with RO and go for some corydoras.

Get a black background and some tannins in the water and the colours really ping then.
Thanks but i havent got any pearls. They was an option at the start of the project. I went for Barbs instead :good:

I vote rainbow shark as bottom dweller :)

If your committed to RO it’s the best way to do it. Saves time and money long term. My unit was like £80 and I can make 25l in about 15 mins as my water pressure is really high.
Im thinking of RO unit for my smaller tanks.

New fish for the big tank today :):kana:

Decided to add some bottom dwellers to go with my barb community so ive got 15 Corydoras Aeneus to liven up the bottom of the tank:yahoo:
20200531_114811.jpg
20200531_120437.jpg
20200531_120403.jpg
20200531_120340.jpg

Love cories:wub:

20200606_171945.jpg

20200606_172650.jpg

20200606_165840.jpg

Had a little change in the 55 today.

Changed the bottom tier from play sand to black sand. The bottom tier was looking a bit messy where tiny debris from the driftwood would stick to some areas of little stones i had doted about. Wasnt drity but my OCD wouldnt let up lol.

Bit of a ying and yang theme now with the top tier still buff colour which i may or may not keep.

Cories have all settled in great and added a different kind of activity to the tank. Bronze's arent cories for just laying around. They love to swim alot more than my Panda's and Albinos :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back