River stream 53g

Frogbits a nice floating plant if you can manage to keep it growing. Water sprites been great for me. You wont have a problem with that.

Hows your tanks coming along? Youd just created an arch and brought a new heater last time. Any progress..

Im now in the process of setting up a tank im restoring :)
I entered my sunken forest in the TOTM contest. Just add some more Java fern this morning. Always a work in progress. My LOTR castle tank is silent/cycling now I add some more plants but still not sure if I am going to keep the large sponge filter or maybe move it from the middle to the side of the tank. I picked up a pair of fancy guppies. He has a nice looking red/orange tail and put them in the LOTR tank. I added the water sprite I ordered 2 weeks ago to my shrimp tank. The new water sprite and fog bit may go into the LOTR tank or maybe the sunken forest.

I entered my sunken forest in the TOTM contest. Just add some more Java fern this morning. Always a work in progress. My LOTR castle tank is silent/cycling now I add some more plants but still not sure if I am going to keep the large sponge filter or maybe move it from the middle to the side of the tank. I picked up a pair of fancy guppies. He has a nice looking red/orange tail and put them in the LOTR tank. I added the water sprite I ordered 2 weeks ago to my shrimp tank. The new water sprite and fog bit may go into the LOTR tank or maybe the sunken forest.
Just had a look :hyper: very nice set up:drinks:

Thank you, Here are a couple pictures of my new fancy guppy, his mate has just a little orange in her tail.

Attachments

• GEDC1305.JPG
    GEDC1305.JPG
    764.2 KB · Views: 107
  • GEDC1308.JPG
    GEDC1308.JPG
    996.9 KB · Views: 97
  • GEDC1309.JPG
    GEDC1309.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 89
That is good! They had a few more like him. They only sell in pairs (m/f) I was not going to buy him but thought that if I decide on different fish for the LOTR tank I could move him and his mate to my shrimp thank. I had put 5 guppies in before him to help with the silent cycle. . They were the best looking ones from the feeder guppies. For now he has a castle to defend until I decide what fish I want. Found RO water for 29 cents a gallon so I may make it a soft water tank like the sunken forest is.

Just root tabs that i change every 2 or 3 months. Nothing special either. Just cheap ones off ebay.
Got a link? The flourish ones seem to go up in price every time you look.

Flourish Tabs are good because they do not leech into the upper water column, which is better for fish and helps prevent problem algae. There may be other brands...the API is not as good, but there are European brands that may be high quality. Nutrafin used to make a Plant Grow Stick which you buried in the substrtate, and it would last for a whole year; I used them and wow, did they make swords grow. I have not been able to find them for about 10 years now, I assume they are no longer available.

Some people use terrestrial tabs which are not at all good for aquaria because they are high in nitrate and phosphorus, neither of which ever needs to be added if fish are present and being fed, so again more fish detriment and possible algae encouragement.

That is good! They had a few more like him. They only sell in pairs (m/f) I was not going to buy him but thought that if I decide on different fish for the LOTR tank I could move him and his mate to my shrimp thank. I had put 5 guppies in before him to help with the silent cycle. . They were the best looking ones from the feeder guppies. For now he has a castle to defend until I decide what fish I want. Found RO water for 29 cents a gallon so I may make it a soft water tank like the sunken forest is.
I was looking into RO water today but not sure whether to get a unit or to source it for online somehow. Will have to price it up.

Its a nice stage where your at now with getting ready to add new fish. Although its hard to choose sometimes :)

I was looking into RO water today but not sure whether to get a unit or to source it for online somehow. Will have to price it up.

Its a nice stage where your at now with getting ready to add new fish. Although its hard to choose sometimes :)
I agree, so many choices. I was leaning toward hard water fish but with RO water at 29 cents instead of 60 cents a gallon it opens everything up again.

My local Maidenhead was selling it at £3.50 for 25 litres if you supply your own jerry can(s). Make sure you specify straight RO or they will assume you want minerals added. As I am now getting through around 200 litres per week I bought my own.

I used flourish but like you say the price just keeps rising. They arent cheap when you have multi planted tanks.

I cant argue that flourish is going to be the better quality tab but my plants as you can see are doing great.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Ah - tried similar and stopped because those little gel balls never dissolve. Will have a look around.

Thank you Byron,

I love the Botia Kubotai, Wow they look awesome!!
These and the Rasboras would be a perfect combo for me to go with the pearls but i think i would have problems with my water parameters

Ph 7.4
Gh 13 dgh
I love the "Lambchop" rasboras.
My LFS has some in a display tank; they are very striking,

My local Maidenhead was selling it at £3.50 for 25 litres if you supply your own jerry can(s). Make sure you specify straight RO or they will assume you want minerals added. As I am now getting through around 200 litres per week I bought my own.
They sell it here in 5 gallon plastic bottles, you have to pay 6.00 USD for the bottle but then can have it refilled. Thanks for the info on straight RO

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back