River stream 53g

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Beautiful looking tank! I like the contrast of colors high/low, and I really like the black sand, too. I haven't read this whole thread; are you using live plants?

Thank you :)

Yes mostly Cryptocoryne in this tank with Hornwort, Rotala indica, Amazon swords, Green tiger lotus and water sprite floating

20200620_174259.jpg

Changed the second tier over from buff play sand to all out black today.

The cories was cascading a little bit of the buff over the river rock on to the bottom tier which i thought might stop after a few weeks but i decided i wanted to change it so purchased some more black sand.

Had a little move around since i had most the decor out which i may tweak here and there over time.

Now happy and it will stay cleaner down at that level without the little stones :)

Had a change with my floating plants in the 55g a couple of weeks ago. Ceratopteris thalictroides came out for some Ceratopteris fein which i like the look of but its a much slower grower.

I have noticed due to the change a small about of algae as grown on the front glass this week which is understandable with taking the established water sprite out. Its obviously also made the tank brighter which i less prefer but had hoped the new fein would of cured that quicker.

I dont like the open space on the surface, i have floating plants in all my tanks so i didnt want to wait much longer. I thought id try some frogbit again to cover the surface quicker. This time from my online seller i get all my crypts from.
20200626_155422.jpg

Got plant passports on the bags :rofl:

I've always had really good luck with frogbit. If you ever want to try something different, Asian water grass is really pretty and has done well in my tanks.
Appreciate that, ill look it up and give it ago some time :)

I love how the plants have their own passport, lol.

I love your profile picture! Is that your fish? :wub:

I love how the plants have their own passport, lol.

I love your profile picture! Is that your fish? :wub:
I know, i had a little chuckle to myself when i opened the box and saw the little passports :D

Yes:) thats my female Apistogramma Panduro. Shes a beauty :wub:

Had a change with my floating plants in the 55g a couple of weeks ago. Ceratopteris thalictroides came out for some Ceratopteris fein which i like the look of but its a much slower grower.

I have noticed due to the change a small about of algae as grown on the front glass this week which is understandable with taking the established water sprite out. Its obviously also made the tank brighter which i less prefer but had hoped the new fein would of cured that quicker.

I dont like the open space on the surface, i have floating plants in all my tanks so i didnt want to wait much longer. I thought id try some frogbit again to cover the surface quicker. This time from my online seller i get all my crypts from. View attachment 108197
Got plant passports on the bags :rofl:
I can not get frog bite so I am trying salvinia, I miss my anacharis and so do my ember tetra. :( I put some salvinia in my sunken forest tank and ordered more but my LFS is having a hard time getting plants and fish.

I can not get frog bite so I am trying salvinia, I miss my anacharis and so do my ember tetra. :( I put some salvinia in my sunken forest tank and ordered more but my LFS is having a hard time getting plants and fish.
I couldnt get salvinia to last in my water. Ive now got water spangle instead which is identical looks wise. Its a prolific grower and looks good on the surface.

Have you tried water sprite? Thats got longer roots like frogbit

I couldnt get salvinia to last in my water. Ive now got water spangle instead which is identical looks wise. Its a prolific grower and looks good on the surface.

Have you tried water sprite? Thats got longer roots like frogbit
Yes I have water sprite in one of my other tanks. I will have to look at water spangle too.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back