River Creek 22g

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Quite concerned with my male Panduro. The first two days he has been strolling around the tank exploring but he has now taken up residence in the big cave.

Ive not seen him out the cave since yesterday afternoon so i gentle moved the cave to check on him tonight but he shot out that quick i couldnt get a good look.

Checked water readings yesterday morning and again tonight and everything is as it should be. Ive done a glass wipe down and water change as a precaution but not sure whats changed for him to do this.

Anyone else had this issue with Apisto's? First time with them so not sure if this is normal.

Have you got 1 or 2 Apistogrammas?
If you have a pair they might be breeding and you disturbed them.

If you have caves in aquariums, the opening of the cave should face the front of the tank so you can see inside the cave with a torch.

Got a pair. The female has been out and about but the male is hiding.

The cave is front facing and i did try my phone light but it didnt show much. Ill see if i have a torch. Just dont know why he has gone dormant all of a sudden.

make sure the water quality is good and give the fish a chance to settle in.

make sure the water quality is good and give the fish a chance to settle in.
Water quality is good and hopefully it is just him settling in :good:

What did you feed your apisto's Colin?

@Colin_T

Can males guard the eggs or is it just the females?

The males still in the big cave (checked him with a torch) at the moment but while doing some maintance tonight on a tank next to this one ive noticed the Cardinals seem excited like foods about and the female which normally just strolls around the tank is now marshalling up and down and shooing the tetra away * not aggressively, just a stay away charge??

Normally the females look after the eggs and the males guard the territory. However, sometimes males will look after the eggs and females sometimes join in defending the territory.

Normally the females look after the eggs and the males guard the territory. However, sometimes males will look after the eggs and females sometimes join in defending the territory.
Hi @Colin_T

Really sorry to bother you..

Any ideas what could be the issue with my panduro male?

His still hiding away and not eating. Ive had to move the cave tonight because i hadnt seen him for 2 days.

Ive managed to take a quick photo
20200625_211147.jpg

Still got his colour but his fins seem clamped and looks like hes dragging his tail.

clamped fins and sulking is usually water quality. do big daily water changes for a week.

clamped fins and sulking is usually water quality. do big daily water changes for a week.
Thank you for quick responce Colin

Appreciate your help. Ill try the water changes

Sad ending to the first week of fish in the 22g.

I havent seen my male panduro since thursday night and for all the checking ive done i just couldnt see him. So i got my torch out this morning to investegate. I looked in the caves, behind the plants and filter, no where to be seen so i was going to have to move the rock cave again.

I went to put the torch away and my dog Charlie was trying to get my attenion rolling and pointing his nose at the floor, when i went closer i noticed something black and low and behold it was the male apisto. Must of jumped out during a water change :(

Charlie was like "ive found him for you dad". Bless him

Sorry to hear about the loss of your male Apistogramma.
It's weird that it jumped out as it has such as good environment with many places to hide and explore.
Something must have startled it and caused it to jumped out.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back