5 Hatchet Fish 5 @ 1 1/2" = 7 1/2"
2 Kulie Loach 2 @ 4" = 8"
6 Bronze Corydoras 6 @ 2 3/4" = 16 1/2 "
10 Cardinal Tetra 10 @ 1" = 10"
6 Checker Barb 6 @ 2" = 12"
6 Albio Corydorus 6 @ 1 1/2" = 9"
2 Armoured Catfish 2 @ 2 1/2" = 5"

That means that total = 71" of fish in tank a lot less than my original 207"

Going on this is there any more fish like other Cory`s i can add or any others because my tanks going to look very empty still.

I need some mid water species because everything else is bottom feeders except Hatchet and Gourmis and Cardinals

Thank Cayote ( Ian )

There you know my name now :D

Here is a couple of species I really enjoy in my 100 gallon community tank. They are always in action, never bother other fish, very hardy and beautiful to look at. They can grow to six inches. I call them rainbow fish, but here is their handle: Melanotaenia Boesemani and Melanotaenia trifasciata. Best to get the males for they are more colorful.

I just put two Corydoras Sterbai in one of my tanks. Really neat. Not bashful. Come to the front for feeding. You'd like em! :rolleyes: :fun:

Agate

I have 4 corydorus sterbai and I think they are some of my favourite fish :wub: :wub:

bristle nose plecs there nice, i got a baby one the other day, :thumbs:
oh and bala sharks there realy nice fish, :rolleyes: and rainbow shark but only 1 as they hate each other lol :lol:

The Megalichthys (Hoplo) Pectorale will get to 5" a piece and your shrimps will not last very long in their company. I have a pair of M. Thoracatum and they are great fish but their favourite food is, wait for it... Mysis Shrimp. They can be very boisterous fish as well. two males can do each other a lot of harm, as can a male with a female. Your tank is big though so they should have enough space for refuge/shelter. You could try Dianema Urostriata, the Flag Tail Catfish as these will swim at all layers of your tank. They like to be in a small shoal, at least 5 of them.

Heres a piccy

Flag Tail Catfish

The Rainbows sound great as well, quite fancy some meself someday... :wub:

who said flag tails, yes i've 2 of them, there very shy, got a pic up of them,
:rolleyes:

Corydoras Sterbai and Flag Tail Catfish sound good but wont i have the same shrimp problem with the Flag Tail Catfish ?

I've 4 bosemani rainbows - beautiful looking fish :wub: and better as they get older, very active over all levels and peacefull :thumbs:

btw I also have 10 ammano shrips and 8 rosy tetras and no problems -_-

:)

Cheers wetwetwet i must say that i like the look of the rainbows,there quite odd but cute, theyare just what im looking for i like weird looking fish, how many should i keep together in tank ? :D

How big is your tank, Cayote? I keep six rainbow in my 100 gallon tank, and there is a total of 30 fish.

5 large angels
4 Corydoras seussi
1 large Synodontis angelicus
7 Neon Costello Tetra
2 Melanotaenia trifasciata 'Goyder River" males
4 Melanotaenia boesemani males
1 Hypancistrus sp. 'Queen Arabesque' L20
6 Rasbora heteromorpha 'Harlequin Rasbora'

Agate 8)

Flag tails are smaller, shyer and have smaller mouths than hoplos. A bigger shoal will make them more confident and visible, they'll be out and about a lot more. :)

So how manys good ? For more confidence ?

How are my numbers looking for tank am i taking it to the edge or gone far over ?

Over the limit , 1" fish per gallon is best... try taking some out of the list and substituting others, play about a bit (thats the fun part). Will have a crack myself... give me a few minutes... B)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back