Review Of Easishrimp.co.uk

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

fm1978

Fish Herder
Reaction score
easishrimp.co.uk

Summary

easishrimp.co.uk is an online retailer of many species of shrimp as well as shrimp food, equipment and substrate. They also sell a range of aquatic plants separated into easy, medium, and difficult categories.

How long have you owned this product?
  • I have had my 6 Amano shrimp for only a few days now and they are all doing well. All 6, which was the ordered number, arrived safe and well the next morning. 
Customer Service (if a store or online retailer)

Customer service was, in short, excellent. Within an hour of making the order online, I was contacted, via email, for a preferred delivery date. I actually asked that the delivery be made 2 days after I made the order, however, I was advised that I could have them the very next morning. AJ, the chap dealing with my order, let me know exactly the status of my order and exchanged several emails in order to keep me updated. I felt that this was very re-assuring, especially as it was the first time I had ordered livestock online.

Pros
  • Superb customer service.
  • Great selection of shrimp types, food and shrimp related products.
  • Well set-out website - very easy to navigate.
Cons
  • Some shrimp can be out of stock quite quickly.
  • Slightly more expensive than a local LFS due to delivery.

(Personal Comments

I found easishrimp.co.uk the perfect first experience of ordering livestock from an online retailer. I was hesitant to begin with having read a couple of horror stories about some livestock arriving dead. 

I ordered 6 Amano shrimp and some Taxiphyllum barbieri (1,2 grow! stuff). There was a 2 week lead time on the plant, but, I received it only a few days later. The shrimp arrived at 8:30 the next morning, very well packed, which I thought was superb! Yes, there's a premium for postage, however, I imagine most if not all online retailers have similar charges for livestock. 

On arrival I found that I had also received some complimentary shrimp food (Shirakura Ebi Dama) as well as 3 free, dried Almond leaves. This added an awful lot, for me, to the buying experience. It felt that someone was actually taking care and thinking about it's customers. The Taxiphyllum also came with some more shrimp food!

Finally, after a few emails back and forth to thank AJ for his service, he provided me with a 10% discount code for my next order. Again, another plus point for customer service and yet another reason I'll be using easishrimp for my next shrimp purchase very soon!

Rating
  • Would recommend 
    yes.gif

Most reactions

trending

Back