Windy City Aquariums (website) Review

otterblue

Fish Crazy
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Supporting Member ⭐
Joined
Oct 9, 2021
Messages
296
Reaction score
427
Points
63
Location
Columbus, Ohio
Windy City Aquariums (website)

Summary

I ordered 4 portions of dwarf water lettuce, which would equal 16-24 plantlets. Price was $4.50 per portion. Order arrived in a fairly timely manner (about a week).

Upon opening, the contents were mostly detached yellow leaves. I've ordered water lettuce plenty of times before and know what to expect as far shipping condition. I managed to salvage only 4 plantlets. The rest were unusuable.

How long have you owned this product?

I owned it for about 10 minutes until I threw it all away.


Customer Service (if a store or online retailer)

I submitted a review for their website upon request & I emailed them about the product I received. I wasn't looking for a refund because I had already thrown away the plants before taking a picture. I received no response from my email and my review wasn't posted.


Pros

* Plants arrived in a timely fasion (about a week).
* Price was fine ($4.50 per portion - a portion being 4-6 plantlets)

Cons

*75% of the plants were unusable (i.e. plantlet with no leaves)
*No company response to my complaint (although this was not a formal request for a refund)


Rating
Would not recommend
no.gif
 
Windy City Aquariums (website)

Summary

I ordered 4 portions of dwarf water lettuce, which would equal 16-24 plantlets. Price was $4.50 per portion. Order arrived in a fairly timely manner (about a week).

Upon opening, the contents were mostly detached yellow leaves. I've ordered water lettuce plenty of times before and know what to expect as far shipping condition. I managed to salvage only 4 plantlets. The rest were unusuable.

How long have you owned this product?

I owned it for about 10 minutes until I threw it all away.


Customer Service (if a store or online retailer)

I submitted a review for their website upon request & I emailed them about the product I received. I wasn't looking for a refund because I had already thrown away the plants before taking a picture. I received no response from my email and my review wasn't posted.


Pros

* Plants arrived in a timely fasion (about a week).
* Price was fine ($4.50 per portion - a portion being 4-6 plantlets)

Cons

*75% of the plants were unusable (i.e. plantlet with no leaves)
*No company response to my complaint (although this was not a formal request for a refund)


Rating
Would not recommend
no.gif
Good to know. I like it when people put reviews up so you know if it’s a good reliable source or not.
 
I completely agree with the review on Windy City Aquariums. I am a new turtle owner and very excitedly ordered plants from Windy City. I ordered 4 different kinds, paid $19 in shipping and handling to ensure the plants arrive fresh and healthy. To my horror, two of the plants I ordered are completely dead upon arrival, two others are very unhealthy. They are not just a little unhealthy but completely yellow. I sent photos to the shop and they said these can be revived. NO they can’t, they are yellow and black! No more reply after multiple emails and inquiries.
They don’t have other forms for people to post reviews as they have no physical stores. Be very aware of their products. They are expensive and quality plus services are very poor.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2018.webp
    IMG_2018.webp
    97.7 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_1810.webp
    IMG_1810.webp
    255.7 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1809.webp
    IMG_1809.webp
    337.8 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_1788.webp
    IMG_1788.webp
    156.7 KB · Views: 82
Beware as well of weather. I wouldn't order plants online without overnight shipping at this time of year, as most of North America is simply too hot. Plants spending a week in the mail are going to cook.

They may have been fine plants when they left the seller's place, but once they are in the mail system, stuff happens. You're always best to go local if you can. You may pay more, but dead plants are no bargain.
 
Beware as well of weather. I wouldn't order plants online without overnight shipping at this time of year, as most of North America is simply too hot. Plants spending a week in the mail are going to cook.

They may have been fine plants when they left the seller's place, but once they are in the mail system, stuff happens. You're always best to go local if you can. You may pay more, but dead plants are no bargain.
True but I did pay $19 for shipping. 😤
 

Most reactions

Back
Top