Rescapes

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Flushable Pets

Fishaholic
2x Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
I recently set up my old 5 gallon standard to try my hand at high tech. I scored a bunch of scratch and dent plants at Petco that were half off. Well, after about a week it decides to spring a leak. Just one day after we spent two hours separating and planting hairgrass! So, I just rescaped our 5 gallon koi betta and 6.8 gallon delta tail betta tanks. The 6.8 looks a bit rough at the moment until the DHG and Ludwigia fills in. Anything I can do to improve these tanks, please let me know.

20210323_130311.jpg

rsz_20210323_135501.jpg

Looks fantastic! Are you running Co2 in the high tech tank?

Wills

Wow, that scape work looks fantastic! I love all of the vibrant colors of the plants. The bettas look exquisite too!

They look awesome already, no suggestions from me!

What kind of system are you using?

DIY. Holding steady at 1 bubble every 3 seconds. Being DIY I know I'll have to monitor it a bit closer. Also dosing Excel and liquid ferts. Next time I'm in town I am going to get some Flourish tabs, iron and a few others to have on hand. Petco was pretty well cleaned out last time we went.

DIY. Holding steady at 1 bubble every 3 seconds. Being DIY I know I'll have to monitor it a bit closer. Also dosing Excel and liquid ferts. Next time I'm in town I am going to get some Flourish tabs, iron and a few others to have on hand. Petco was pretty well cleaned out last time we went.
I wouldnt add excel as standard I only use it to try and kill staghorn algae. Its got some pretty nasty chemicals in that while they do help plant growth they can effect fish health and your filter bacteria colony too. Sounds like you've got a really cool set up though - excited to see where it goes :)

Wills

I wouldnt add excel as standard I only use it to try and kill staghorn algae. Its got some pretty nasty chemicals in that while they do help plant growth they can effect fish health and your filter bacteria colony too. Sounds like you've got a really cool set up though - excited to see where it goes :)

Wills

I originally got it to combat algae. I've heard a lot of mixed opinions on it's safety, but so far all negative information has been anecdotal. I know there is a myth that it contains gluteraldehyde, which is nasty stuff in it's pure form (I used it when I worked at the hospital), but Excel does not contain this. Other brands might, I don't know. I've been using it as directed by Seachem and not double or triple like some folks do. I've been using it for quite a while and I've personally never experienced any negative effects in any of my tanks.

Most reactions

trending

Back