"replacement"

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Good luck.
thumbs-up.gif

Update: Yesterday I picked up a few items. I got a API master test kit, some filter media so I can seed my new filter, and a 20lbs bag of black sand. Then today I got a nice surprise of my new light at the door! So tomorrow I plan on going out back to the rock pile that the farmer made from clearing the tree line. He even separated the rocks by general size =) so that makes it that much easier. I want to find white (ish) rocks or hopefully a few purple rocks like the one i found and put in my main tank. I will update tomorrow with the general scape and pictures

ncguppy830 said:
ok great we want to see some pics
Haha well its not much to look at right now.. But hopefully tomorrow It will begin to look like something lol

UPDATE: I tested my water before I did a water change to add sand. It showed up at this.

PH: 8.4

Ammonia: 1.5PPM

Nitrite: .25PPM

Nitrate: 10PPM

I think my PH is high because of the rocks that I have in there. I'm going to find different rocks and see if they make a difference or not. I'm loving the sand and I like the scape that I have right now but I'd like to find a different piece of driftwood that I like but that might be later on. Again the rocks are only temporary. I will try and get some plants later this week. Does anyone know a good place to order plants online? I will also order my ferts when I order my plants. My new light is pretty bright and I don't think I'll have too much of a problem growing medium-high light plants. I love the shimmering effect. I think soon I'll upgrade to LED on my main tank. 
fish.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Sorry for the lack of updates recently. Last weekend was a Traxxas TORC series off road race if anyone knows what that is lol. Anyways my dad and I pit crew for a friend of his so we were away last weekend. I've been busy this week with other things as well. But!!

UPDATE!! 

Over the few weeks I collected different and cool looking rocks while working on job sites. After I gathered a good pile of different sized rocks I washed them all up and put them in the tank. After that I decided to get the filter thing sorted out. So I got some Fluval Biomax, and a filter sock. Well to say the least that didn't really pan out. So I ended up just dumping the media in the filter and putting filter floss where the intake of the filter was. I'm finding trouble in keeping the flow down and eliminating the protein layer on the surface.. any ideas? 

Then while getting something else at the LFS (isn't that always the case?) with my friend, we decided to look through the bettas and I found one that My friend told me was just "me" lol 
Dunno.gif
I did think he was beautiful and decided to take him home with me! yey!
yahoo.gif
  Out the door I named him Red. Even though he is acutally purple in color. But it kinda stuck lol He is a little Red though and when he turns certain ways under the lights his fins turn entirely red which I think Is really cool. I plan on getting some plants this week and ordering my Ferts this week as well. All depends on how much money I'm going to spend on my car this week 
rolleyes.gif
In the life of an american teenager, if your not broke from girls your broke from cars.. 
happy.png
 Anyways here are some Pictures! I really would love some opinions on my Hardscape too. 
good.gif
 Thanks for looking! 
thanks.gif

Well I guess its been a while since I've updated this lol Well I planted the tank a few weeks ago, here are some picks of when I first did It. I added some cuttings from my 45 gallon and some cardinal plants as well. Le me know what you guys think!

thank you! As you can see I have some algea problems right now but thats all my fault. I have the lighting period way to long but I just keep forgetting to change it lol I'm pretty happy with my light though, the plants seem to be doing well, I haven't noticed any real growth yet but It hasn't been overly long and nothing has melted back yet either. I do have one complaint though, because the lights are spaced out and the fixture is so wide some of the lights are blocked by the plastic/rubber hinge on my glass top, so I either have to run with no blue lights or no lid. I tried the no lid but I lost lots of water from evaporation. I'm trying to figure a possible solution

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back