Redecorated My Tank - Updated

joanne_464

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Aug 19, 2008
Messages
121
Reaction score
0
Points
0
This weekend I thought it was time to change the inside of my tank, before I had black and white gravel, a plastic plant, a shipwreck ornament and a cave.. but I thought I would like a change and went for a totally different look...

What do you all think ?? I know the background still needs changing, will do that this week...

mytank.jpg
 
Looking very nice, maybe add a few more pieces of stone / 1-2 more plants and i think it would look amazing : )
 
very nice. :D

maybe some driftwood or a rock cave structure to fill in the middle. also maybe some tall plants in the back.
 
Looking good!

Like stated above, I would add some wood or some more stone and plants.

-FHM
 
Thanks for the ideas i think i may go with more rocks and plants :thumbs:
 
Yer thats a good idea ^. I love how you put the white stones around the plant :) Although the background looks kinda marine like...not to my taste.

EDIT: Just read it...lazy me I just look a the picture. You going to get a black background?
 
not sure what to do with it yet.. do you think black would look good ?
 
Not bad, though if it were for my tastes I'd make a couple of changes (no wish to insult here, just hopefully giving you some food for thought:

1. Get rid of the background, go for plain black or possibly blue
2. A slate cave - even a small piece of slate or two to the left and some more planting around it would look good, and leave a decent size swimming area at the front and right
3. A plant or two more to the right.

It just looks a bit sparse in my eyes. No offence meant though :)
 
Agree with the others, white rocks and the twisted vallis are nice, though the marine background looks a bit out of place (plain black or no background would be nicer IMO) :). It's not a bad tank at all, off to a very good start :good:.

One or two of the plants on the left hand side are non-aquatic Dracaena plants and will eventually die and begin to rot.

Also, your going to be better off without the airpump if you want the plants to do well, as it will gas off CO2 from the water :).
 
Agree with the others, white rocks and the twisted vallis are nice, though the marine background looks a bit out of place (plain black or no background would be nicer IMO) :). It's not a bad tank at all, off to a very good start :good:.

One or two of the plants on the left hand side are non-aquatic Dracaena plants and will eventually die and begin to rot.

Also, your going to be better off without the airpump if you want the plants to do well, as it will gas off CO2 from the water :).
An air pump is going to keep the Co2 level right around 6-8 ppm, which is more than if you have little to no surface agitation.

So I would have an air pump in the tank, plus it will keep a healthy amount of oxygen in the water for the fish.

-FHM
 

Most reactions

Back
Top