Rare Fish's Rare Fish of the Day!

@Rocky998, top water fish it is, and we will kick off with the Bony-eared Assfish! Itā€™s only a few (thousand) meters down.

Bony-eared Assfish (please donā€™t ban me mods)
Acanthonus armatus
View attachment 151736
Size: 14 inches
Distribution: Pacific Ocean - 3,500 feet deep at least.
Diet: Uknown, but most likely crustaceans, small fish, and invertebrates
PH: N/A
IUCN Conservation status: Least Concern
Harmful to Humans: No
Fished for: No
Salinity: N/A
Description: The unfortunate name ā€™assfishā€™ comes from Greek ā€˜onosā€™, which means donkey. Akantha=thorn in Greek, which comes from the long thorny tentacles Assfish have. ā€˜Armatusā€™ means armed in Greek, which originates from the flabby ā€˜tentaclesā€™ protruding from the gills and fins. They also have the smallest brain-to-body ratio of any vertebrate, besides my history teacher.
What tank size do they need?

Letā€™s seeā€¦Iā€™d say a mile wide and 5,000 feet deepā€¦so a cubic mileā€¦so One trillion one hundred billion one hundred seventeen million one hundred forty seven thousand four hundred twenty eight and sixth tenths gallons or four trillion one hundred sixty eight billion one hundred eighty two million liters.

@Rocky998, top water fish it is, and we will kick off with the Bony-eared Assfish! Itā€™s only a few (thousand) meters down.

Bony-eared Assfish (please donā€™t ban me mods)
Acanthonus armatus
View attachment 151736
Size: 14 inches
Distribution: Pacific Ocean - 3,500 feet deep at least.
Diet: Uknown, but most likely crustaceans, small fish, and invertebrates
PH: N/A
IUCN Conservation status: Least Concern
Harmful to Humans: No
Fished for: No
Salinity: N/A
Description: The unfortunate name ā€™assfishā€™ comes from Greek ā€˜onosā€™, which means donkey. Akantha=thorn in Greek, which comes from the long thorny tentacles Assfish have. ā€˜Armatusā€™ means armed in Greek, which originates from the flabby ā€˜tentaclesā€™ protruding from the gills and fins. They also have the smallest brain-to-body ratio of any vertebrate, besides my history teacher.
i would keep it but it would probably melt

it looks aggravated that people gave it such a(s)stupid name

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back