Rare Fish's Rare Fish of the Day!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Yeah, I guess, but I like the idea of daily basis. If I have enough time, I will do them.
That’s totally your choice, and I respect the amount of time and effort you put into these, just don’t want you to be adding any extra stress to your life - there’s enough of that going round anyway. 🙂

Yeah, I guess, but I like the idea of daily basis. If I have enough time, I will do them.
We would all like them daily, but you're a person just like us... And all people have a thing called life where when you want to have a schedule to something life says: "Nope not happening"

Im back!

I've been inactive for quite a while. I didn't do this one correctly - football comes before fishforums lol!

Three-striped African Catfish
Pareutropius buffei
Image of Pareutropius buffei

Size: around 3 inches
Distribution: Nigeria, Niger, Benin, and a small part of Guinea
Diet: anything
PH: 6.0-8.0
IUCN Conservation status: Least Concern
Harmful to Humans: No
Fished for: no
Salinity: N/A

Description:
Even though this fish is small, it is seldom kept in aquariums. The body has 3 lines, and is silver. They lay roughly 100 eggs when breeding. They mainly live in lower Ouémé, in coastal freshwater lagoons. They also live in the Cross River (Niger-Nigeria).

Man have I had a month backed up with homework and more stuff. I'm sorry for all the promises. I will start as soon as I can. I have winter break so I'll be able to do atleast a few. In the meantime, what do you guys want to see? Small? Medium? Community? Predatory? Topwater? Flow-lover? Soft water?

Man have I had a month backed up with homework and more stuff. I'm sorry for all the promises. I will start as soon as I can. I have winter break so I'll be able to do atleast a few. In the meantime, what do you guys want to see? Small? Medium? Community? Predatory? Topwater? Flow-lover? Soft water?
A small, community, soft water, top water fish maybe?

@Rocky998, top water fish it is, and we will kick off with the Bony-eared Assfish! It’s only a few (thousand) meters down.

Bony-eared Assfish (please don’t ban me mods)
Acanthonus armatus
Z.jpeg

Size: 14 inches
Distribution: Pacific Ocean - 3,500 feet deep at least.
Diet: Uknown, but most likely crustaceans, small fish, and invertebrates
PH: N/A
IUCN Conservation status: Least Concern
Harmful to Humans: No
Fished for: No
Salinity: N/A
Description: The unfortunate name ’assfish’ comes from Greek ‘onos’, which means donkey. Akantha=thorn in Greek, which comes from the long thorny tentacles Assfish have. ‘Armatus’ means armed in Greek, which originates from the flabby ‘tentacles’ protruding from the gills and fins. They also have the smallest brain-to-body ratio of any vertebrate, besides my history teacher.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back