Random Discussion

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

UPDATE:

I just talk to my higher up about the rainbow tank. It looks like someone is willing to take the fish, tank, and everything sometime this week. Am I bum about it? Somewhat. I'm bummed that I won't see the fish and that I won't use my fishkeeping skills in caring for the fish at my internship. The thing that I'm indifferent about is that I won't take the fish, tank, or anything. I just have no use for it. I have no space for a medium/large aquarium, and even if I did, there's the problem of indecisiveness. With large aquariums, I always have trouble finding what fish to stock compared to smaller size (20 gallons or below), which I have a much easier time to know what fish to keep. Not only that, but I don't have a tank to house the rainbows properly. My largest aquarium is a 75 gallon and while it's the appropriate tank size to house rainbows, I just have a slight problem-water condition. My water is not suitable for rainbows since I am running RO water on all of aquariums and my 75 gallon mainly houses soft water species.

Why do ALL delivery drivers place the packages near the door opening (handle/latch) side rather than the hinge side? Is this so I can't open the door without pushing the package off the small porch landing and into the garden?

</rant>

That's a difference between the US and the UK. Our doors open inwards so we can open the door with a package tight up against it. The downside is we have to be very careful opening the door to enter the house just in case the cat is sitting on the other side waiting for someone to come in and feed him :lol:

That's a difference between the US and the UK. Our doors open inwards so we can open the door with a package tight up against it. The downside is we have to be very careful opening the door to enter the house just in case the cat is sitting on the other side waiting for someone to come in and feed him :lol:
Our doors open inwards as well unless you have a second screen door, that opens outwards then

Ah, I get it. I've seen those double doors on American films.

Years ago we stayed with a work friend of my husband in Belgium and all their widows opened inwards. Ours all opened outwards and the Belgian windows looked strange. They could never have kept the clutter on their window ledge that we kept on ours :)

Ah, I get it. I've seen those double doors on American films.

Years ago we stayed with a work friend of my husband in Belgium and all their widows opened inwards. Ours all opened outwards and the Belgian windows looked strange. They could never have kept the clutter on their window ledge that we kept on ours :)
That's a first I've heard... "I've seen those on American films" 🤣... I never hear that.

We had to run up to Jackson for a doctor appointment today. Up on Togwotee Pass, where the Absaroka Range meets the Wind River Range, we saw a huge sow grizzly with two yearling cubs, grazing in a meadow about 50 yards from the highway. They are very cool to see (at a long distance or when you're in a car).

We had to run up to Jackson for a doctor appointment today. Up on Togwotee Pass, where the Absaroka Range meets the Wind River Range, we saw a huge sow grizzly with two yearling cubs, grazing in a meadow about 50 yards from the highway. They are very cool to see (at a long distance or when you're in a car).
Must've been a majestic sight!

lucky! Once my family was driving to pa to go skiing and their was a black bear running next to our car on the highway

This is a mama bear we saw. She's become rather famous because she likes to hang out near the highway.
5fd842fc78f56.image.jpg

Why do ALL delivery drivers place the packages near the door opening (handle/latch) side rather than the hinge side? Is this so I can't open the door without pushing the package off the small porch landing and into the garden?

</rant>
Why ? Because the boss , who is doing nothing but sitting on his derrière watching a computer screen , has that delivery driver on a stopwatch. Everything's timed down to the second. The truck has a GPS / clock unit in it and the delivery driver has a tracker strapped to him. When said driver finishes his route the stupidvisor rises from his comfy perch and lambastes the driver for taking one second too long. Look for yourself and see that those guys are on a full run all the time.

I'm expecting a delivery today, the email said 12.30 to 14.30. It's now 15.05 and no sign. Hermes rebranded themselves as Evri because of complaints, but they didn't rebrand their working methods :(

Edit - email at 15.40 "Your package has been rescheduled and will arrive between 15.00 and 17.00". Then the doorbell rang at 15.45 - my parcel has arrived :) But it took an hour and 10 minutes after the first delivery window ended to let me know.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back