Random Discussion

Gas is inexpensive right now...about $1.90 a gallon right now. I remember several years ago it was almost $4 a gallon.
PK: lots of used phones in operating conditions on ebay...you can get an iphone XR for about $350 and it should continue to get cheaper seeing the iphone 12 has been released.
I'm currently paying $5.64 per gallon and live in the cheapest UK region :sad:
Heating oil is $1.27 a gallon..........
(I did the sums so you don't have to.)

They must add huge taxes to your gasoline base prices. But your heating oil is chaper than in the US.

They must add huge taxes to your gasoline base prices. But your heating oil is chaper than in the US.
It's fuel duty, Northern Ireland is on a lower rate than England as we're deemed a rural area.
But then I can get upto 60miles per (Imperial) gallon in my car.
Heating oil is on reduced rate of 5% VAT (A nationwide sales tax.)

It's fuel duty, Northern Ireland is on a lower rate than England as we're deemed a rural area.
But then I can get upto 60miles per (Imperial) gallon in my car.
Heating oil is on reduced rate of 5% VAT (A nationwide sales tax.)
What model car do you have that gets 60 mpg?

I can get 60mpg on long journeys, I have my HGV (truck) licence and we know how to drive for efficency, typically I get 47mpg around towns.
It's a Kia C'eed. 1.6CRDi
Trick is no hard acceleration, no hard braking (Unless you have to.) read the road ahead and select your gears correctly. (Automatics are getting better at this.)
And speed limits are a limit not a target.

Don't forget an Imperial gallon is bigger than a US gallon. 1 imperial gallon = 1.2 US gallons, so 60 mpg imperial = 50 mpg American.

Protest happens again in Thailand, the protest is kinda stupid just because some guy lose on a mayoral race and now he want a revenge by hiring kids (about 15-20 years old) to overthrow the royal family, this is getting scary as more than 10 millions kids are hired by those guys.

They call them self as a peaceful protestor but all they do is throw glass bottle at my friend’s head, they also burn down the building.

note that our current mayor cheated the vote during the mayoral race to protect the royal family from another guy who wants to overthrow and turn thailand into a dictatorship and call them self as democracy :(

Last edited:
Sheeeesh. Your parents buy you stuff? Must be nice :). Also, no way they buy you the 11 if your sister got the 8, just keeping it real. Wait till you have to pay for gas :no:
I mean, they bought her a phone, cause she's lazy and doesn't have a full time job. (Also because she started driving, so... :dunno:) But usually no, they don't buy us stuff.

And I know they bough her the 8, but that's what I said - I would pitch in and help pay for the 11.

Protest happens again in Thailand, the protest is kinda stupid just because some guy lose on a mayoral race and now he want a revenge by hiring kids (about 15-20 years old) to overthrow the royal family, this is getting scary as more than 10 millions kids are hired by those guys.

They call them self as a peaceful protestor but all they do is throw glass bottle at my friend’s head, they also burn down the building.

note that our current mayor cheated the vote during the mayoral race to protect the royal family from another guy who wants to overthrow and turn thailand into a dictatorship and call them self as democracy :(
YEESH!!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back