Raising ram fry in community tank?

Tacocat2

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Joined
May 28, 2021
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
684
Points
113
Location
Ontario
I have a pair of Bolivian rams that laid eggs last week for the first time in a month and I was pretty excited. The eggs disappeared a couple days ago and today I found where the wrigglers went. I know that I probably won’t have the best outcome with survival rate but I want to know if there’s a way to keep as many alive as possible without removing any fish.
Should I raise infusoria and spot feed or baby brine shrimp?

Thanks
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7891.webp
    IMG_7891.webp
    121.1 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_7978.webp
    IMG_7978.webp
    146.9 KB · Views: 99
You feed the babies with newly hatched brineshrimp.

If you feed the other fishes in the tank 3-5 times a day, they will be less likely to eat the babies. If you do feed more often, do water changes more frequently to compensate for the extra waste caused by the extra food.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top