Rainbow not eating

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fiddlesticks

Fish Addict
Reaction score
My last female rainbow hasnt eaten in a couple days. She is hanging out at the surface, but can swim down. She just doesnt seem to want to. She looked a bit beaten up but I havent seen any fish picking on her. Iv used melafix since I first say it 3 days ago and she doesnt look as bad now but still wont eat. Water params are ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 20ppm I religously do water changes every week. All other fish are great, and eating like the little pigs they are. Help please

The other rainbows could be picking on her :( I don't know if you'll remember, but I had those demon rainbows that killed most everything I tried to put in with them. The general consensus was that they needed to be in a bigger group of their own kind (6 preferrably) with a mix of males and females.

I never saw my rainbows picking on any of their victims either, they must have done it at night :(

:-( Well they started I a big group and Im only down to 3 now. It looks like shortly I will be down to 2. So I dont think I will be getting anymore after this. I think they are great fish with lots of personality but They are not fitting in too well obviously.

I remember you said you'd had a group when you replied to a thread of mine about my rainbows.

I'm sorry they're not working out for you either, they're such fun fish :/

I know there fun and soo cute, but all of the females have died. EIther the males are bullying them, or they were just not healthy fish. You dont think this swimming at the top thing is her trying to spawn. I only have fake plants so maybe she cant drop her eggs. Im just grasping at straws here.

I guess it's possible.... I know they spawn into spawning mops but I don't know how those work - suspended from the surface or resting on the substrate...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back