Question about Dwarf Frog

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Barday

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have spotted a white spot on the nose of my dwarf frog, It has only just appeared and I'm a bit worried because i've been having a few problems with the fish in my tank.

Has anyone seen this before or got any ideas what it could be?

Thanks
Barday

what are these "problems" in your tank you speak of?
does the spot move at all or cause any discomfort such as scratching or spazzing?
has your frog decreased in activity (however little it may be :p )?

Thanks for the reply kitty......

No the spot does not move it is just on the tip of his nose. As for my tank I've had quite a few deaths this week. I think it might have been down to a med i was using.

After the med a couple of fish died which i did not spot in time, and I think it raised the amonia level of the tank which in turn killed more fish........... but a couple of 40% water changes, a couple of 20% too, and not feeding for a couple of days controlled it.

The frog seems as active as usual, no real changes in behaviour. It's probably nothing, but I just wanted to make sure, with other frog keepers.

Do you have any sharp rocks or decorations?
He could have just scratched himself.

Have any of your fish shown any aggression towards your ADF?

Also, frogs are scaleless, so the meds you were adding might not be good for the frog.

What meds were you using, and what were you treating for?

Or, he could be shedding his skin. When I saw one of mine do that for the first time, I thought he had the plague. :lol:

Yea mine shed it's skin once too, I crapped my self! :p

I was treating with ichcide first to treat a fungus problem, The fish with the fungus died soon after :byebye: so I stoped treatment after 2 doses and did a couple of 40% water changes. After about a week I treated with Melafix to restore some of the fins on fish which previously had finrot.

None of my fish have shown any aggression towards it,

But I do have a couple of rocks with semi-sharp edges.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back