Python No Spill Clean And Fill

rarefish

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Today I finally bought the Python No Spill Clean And Fill :)! It was one of the best investments that I have made for myself that has to do with aquariums :D! It siphons so well that I siphoned all of my fishroom tanks in less than one hour :D! It usually takes me 3-4 hours with a reguler siphon! It also filled the aquariums so easily that all I had to do was start it and stop it! I love it! No more sore feet or water spills! Also, if you need an extension, use a water hose! My dad finally got me to try it and it worked just as well!

rarefish

I just got one a couple weeks ago one of my better fish investments. :D A lot easier and a lot less messy I just hated spilling water all over the place. lol.

I wish I had known how great it was when I first started. I have a bad back, and lugging away the buckets of water wasn't a fun task... and then trying to lift the new water up... my back would hurt for days afterwards. the only thing im not keen on is wrapping up the hose afterwards (I have the 60 footer), but its a small sacrifice to pay to keep my back pain free

Jen gives it :thumbs: :thumbs: 4 thumbs up and 2 big toes as well.

The carrying wasn't the problem for me, the spilling was my problem and on my carpet. I really need to clean my carpet.

1 word of warning for those living in the north with live bearers.

Changing water with this has to be done with care (i.e not when your water is freezing cold) or you'll shock your live bearers and cause them to get Lymphocystis or something.

I still use it to drain but have had to revert to warming buckets to add water. This is a pain when you do 20gallon cahnges on your 90 but have had no more deaths since doing this.

Great device otherwise.

I havent seen one of these things before, are they available in the UK. With refilling, is this done from a seperate reservoir that can be dechlorinated first?

Chris,

You can get them from Animal Warehouse in the Uk ;) www.animalwarehouse.co.uk I think ;)

I've got one on order, so if you want to see what it's like before you buy, you can pop over some time when it's arrived !!

From all accounts, you just add the decholorinator to the tank when you're filling it up directly from the tap ;)

Just one concern I've got.... how do you get the water to the right temperature !?!? without stressing the fish.... :crazy:

yeah i was wondering about that, and the dechlorination side of things, let me know how you get on with it, as even 25% of a 4ft tank is a lot of buckets!!!

andyj said:
Chris,

You can get them from Animal Warehouse in the Uk ;) www.animalwarehouse.co.uk I think ;)

I've got one on order, so if you want to see what it's like before you buy, you can pop over some time when it's arrived !!

From all accounts, you just add the decholorinator to the tank when you're filling it up directly from the tap ;)

Just one concern I've got.... how do you get the water to the right temperature !?!? without stressing the fish.... :crazy:
Well you can just pull python out of tank, put the spout (whatever u call it), in the sink adjust temp.

Then there is a cut of valve on python, lock it off will it running, put spout in the tank. Unlock the valve.....

As far as dechlorinator, it works instantly. Just add to the tank and begin to add the water. I overdose a little with dechlorinator.

the nospill is awsome!

i was cleaning one day and had some friends over.... one was at the sink i was useing and thought " im gonna pull a prank on nick and switch the valve over so water shoots out".
well i had the down stream valve closed.....

in less than 2 seconds the hose had so much presure it blew off teh facet and hosed my friend down REALY good....

my landry room was soaked but i had a good laugh.

Hi..you definitely need to watch the pressure when you switch from the valve open to close position. I have to move quickly to run to the sink. Otherwise, this is a great invention. I can do a 25% water change in under 10 minutes on my 46 gallon and the temp I've got down to less than one degree difference. My thermometer has never dipped to date. One way to save a couple of dollars is to go to Home Depot (or local hardware store) and buy a metal adapter for the sink. The one they sell at the lfs is usually 5X the amount. SH

lol be careful with those things, i have one and the so much pressure built up that when i opened the valve to fill it shot the vacuum part right off the hose and when i added the extension tubing i never had it clamped right and the pressure shot it off and water shot half way across the room and i almost gave my dad a heart attack to boot

other then the pressure they're great

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back