🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SRbettas

Reaction score
Hi I'm trying to decide the stocking for my fluval flex 15 gallon/57 litre

So far I have decided on:
1 female betta
4 endlers
And pygmy Cory's

Some say they need school of 6 others say 4 is fine. I want them to be happy but also keep stocking levels relatively low. Also what do you recommend for feeding pygmy cories? and endlers? I already have foods but just wondering what you use or recommend for each species.

Corydoras pygmaeus requires a group of more than 4 or 6, and 9-12 would be OK. A 15 gallon tank can easily handle this plus the other fish, and more besides. But what is the GH and pH? Endlers require moderately hard water (like all livebearers), and pygmy cories prefer soft water. This is even more important with these small-sized fish because they are more susceptible to environmental conditions.

I will answer the food question while I'm here. Omega One Shrimp Pellets and Fluval Bug Bites are two excellent foods. Frozen daphnia will also be relished.

I've had 4 regular Cory's in that exact same tank for a couple years now, they are doing well. You'd definitely be fine with 6 pygmy's. Check your water hardness in your area online and if it's too hard for them add some extra conditioner.

Also I feed my Cory's mini algae wafers, sometimes I sink flakes down for them. They should also like Nutrafin sinking pellets. Sometimes my panda Cory's even eat zuchini but sterbai's won't.

what is the GH and pH?
Ph stays around 7.2 and gh is 16 dH. I'm trying to lower the gh with ial. It was down to 8 or 9 dH then I stopped using the ial for a bit and ut went back up I will get it sorted before I get any new fish though. What would be the ideal parameters to keep both species? Bettas and pygmys like softer water so would I be ok to go slightly softer with a pH of 6.8 or stay neutral? Btw I already have some fish in the tank so I dont want to make any huge changes in parameters. As for the number j think I will get 6 and see how it goes i can always get more.

Ph stays around 7.2 and gh is 16 dH. I'm trying to lower the gh with ial. It was down to 8 or 9 dH then I stopped using the ial for a bit and ut went back up I will get it sorted before I get any new fish though. What would be the ideal parameters to keep both species? Bettas and pygmys like softer water so would I be ok to go slightly softer with a pH of 6.8 or stay neutral? Btw I already have some fish in the tank so I dont want to make any huge changes in parameters. As for the number j think I will get 6 and see how it goes i can always get more.

This is a problem. Pygmy cories will not do well in such hard water. The pH is OK if it is stable, but not the GH. And absolutely, do not mess with water parameters with fish in the tank. Fluctuating params are difficult on fish.

I do not understand the Indian Almond Leases lowering GH. The pH should, but subject to the GH and KH which buffer pH.

You need a larger group of the pygmy cories if you want the best for them, but given the GH issue I wouldn't do this.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back