Putting molly into my big tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Derekshatch

Fishaholic
Reaction score
If I was to put my male molly into my tank with 2 female platys and one male platy would the male platy and molly fight?

They don't normally but it depends on the individual fish and the tank size. In a big tank with lots of plants they are unlikely to fight. If you stick them in a little tank without plants, the bigger male might bully the smaller one.

They don't normally but it depends on the individual fish and the tank size. In a big tank with lots of plants they are unlikely to fight. If you stick them in a little tank without plants, the bigger male might bully the smaller one.
I agree, it all depends on your fish's temperament or whatevers going on in their little brains.

It is a 30 gallon. And alot of plants . So I think im going to try it.

When I put the molly in he tried to mate with my tetras and is chasing them which is unusual I thought he would go for the platys but he is wild so i guess he is confused.

Lol, so is everything going ok? (I mean everything else, eating, etc.)

Ya he ia doing great but sadly I just found out that they only live for 1 year.

Ya he ia doing great but sadly I just found out that they only live for 1 year.
Really? Do you have a link for that? Most mollies I know of live for much longer than that.

Just type it in on google. Sailfin mollies live for a little over a year other types of mollies live alot longer.

Just type it in on google. Sailfin mollies live for a little over a year other types of mollies live alot longer.
Hmmm. That's interesting

At least it's one year after reaching maturity and not one year total

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back